WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!

• 914 replies

AMonk

Re: WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!
« Reply #450 on: September 01, 2007, 01:31:39 AM »
Thanks, Eric.

Are you studying Turkish in the anglicized-letter version, or the original (Arabic?) letters?? 
I'm trying to get some (anglicized) Farsi, myself....on account of my penpal.......but their script is beyond my poor, tired, aged brain.  However, the grammar is similar to Latin.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #451 on: September 01, 2007, 01:47:09 AM »
The Atatürk reformed version. The original Arabic written form was banned several decades ago as part of the Kemalist reform process, thankfully. Chinese characters are giving me enough problems. Don't think I could handle two languages with unfamiliar written systems. I try to memorize the characters when practising Chinese by writing the character on one side and the translation + pinyin on the other side. Needless to say, Chinese is not going as swiftly as Turkish. I have only done three units in my Turkish language course and I already have a working vocabulary of 200 words, which I can make into simple sentences. Grammar-wise Turkish is quite straightforward, SOV  sentence structure etc.
One of the things I really do miss about China was the fact that I could go out and practice my Chinese with anyone. Here, I have to find restaurants where the owners are willing to listen to me stammer out my slightly-less-than-hopeless Chinese.
What is it that girl sings..."I wish I was a punck rocker with flowers in my hair"???...well...I would be singing, "I wish I was that French guy, you know, the chap who translated the Rosetta Stone, then I would have no problem learning languages on my own" lalalala.....
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #452 on: September 01, 2007, 11:24:09 AM »
The secret is out!!! What secret you may ask and justifiably so. The secret that haunts the Canadian saloonies every day. The secret that causes them to wake up in the dead of night, sweat-soaked bed-linen clinging to them, heart pounding, threatening to burst through sinew, bone and skin. The secret that, if hinted at, causes them to slink into the shadows and, if asked, will force them to renounce the maple leaf verily like Peter did renounce the Messiah three times ere Chaunticleer did raise his voice to the skies in praise of the coming day. The secret that, when revealed, will cause a thousand voices to cry out in despodent despair, like the unholy choir that sings a perpetual dirge at the gates of Hades.

Canada has pink currency!!! I may have pink glasses but you have pink money! With French stuff written on them!!! mwahahahaha...pink money...mwahahahahaha  agagagagag

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Newbs

« Reply #453 on: September 01, 2007, 12:15:26 PM »
Not only pink currency, but a bloody Prime Minister on it.  I don't want no Hoganlander to give little Johnnie that idea. bbbbbbbbbb

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #454 on: September 01, 2007, 12:40:41 PM »
Prime Ministers? Dude you are looking at the old money.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #455 on: September 01, 2007, 12:41:44 PM »

Clean those things, will ya?

« Reply #456 on: September 01, 2007, 02:43:20 PM »
Now there's an idea worthy of little johnnie. He'd be forgiven a lot of past idiocy and indiscretions if his prime ministerial legacy was changing the Aussie dollars to something a bit more exciting...
You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

« Reply #457 on: September 01, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »
Amonk, the cook book thread is for all the recipes we are willing to share!

AMonk

« Reply #458 on: September 01, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »
Amonk, the cook book thread is for all the recipes we are willing to share!

OK.  I'll bite.  Where is it?  I just spent the last 10 minutes in a fruitless search of the Champagne Cabana and The Bar.  Can't see it for looking.  (Mind you, I may well need to polish my eyeballs).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 09:56:09 PM by AMonk »

« Reply #459 on: September 02, 2007, 01:13:24 AM »
http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=109.0

There is a search button on top  afafafafaf Just press "Home" then type into the field whatever you are looking for and hit "SEARCH"  agagagagag

AMonk

« Reply #460 on: September 02, 2007, 01:55:24 AM »
Cheeks, Love.....it's for recipes adjusted/invented/adapted for China!!!!  My Aunt Thelma's cake doesn't cut the mustard.

« Reply #461 on: September 02, 2007, 02:05:59 AM »
We could start a thread on general cooking.  Our favourite recipes etc.  That way it will be good and not infringe on the modified for China recipes.

Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #462 on: September 02, 2007, 09:20:31 AM »
Actually, when I started the thread, I didn't intend it only for China. Raoul did it   cbcbcbcbcb Plus, can't one make that in China?

AMonk

« Reply #463 on: September 02, 2007, 11:29:51 PM »
We could start a thread on general cooking.  Our favourite recipes etc.  That way it will be good and not infringe on the modified for China recipes.

Good idea.....I've just done that....called "Favourite Recipes". agagagagag

....... Plus, can't one make that in China?

I hope so.  It's easy enough, I think, and the ingredients ought to be commonplace. ahahahahah

« Reply #464 on: September 02, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »

....... Plus, can't one make that in China?

I hope so.  It's easy enough, I think, and the ingredients ought to be commonplace. ahahahahah

My understanding is that baking powder is difficult to find in China.  Hope I am wrong.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.