WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!

• 914 replies
Re: WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!
« Reply #390 on: July 18, 2007, 09:55:17 PM »
Some bits to think about:

The 10 commandments are not multiple choice.

What!!??? That is just not true. Every day you have to make a choice as to which one you should break before breakfast. I always try to covet someone before the daily oatmeal and making little idols out of paper clips and tape at work makes the time go much quicker.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #391 on: July 18, 2007, 10:55:19 PM »
For regularity and strength.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #392 on: July 18, 2007, 11:09:51 PM »
Oatmeal is good for you! And it's cheap. You don't energy to covet, just looking out the window and thinking, "I want that and that and that and that". Now, the other Commandments take energy. Like today. The mission is two-fold: breaking the "thou shalt not steal" and conducting emperical research into the notion that it is easy to steal candy from a baby.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2007, 06:30:46 PM »
Eric - did anyone ever tell you that you're just a plain straight out naughty boy?  ahahahahah
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

phets72

« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »
Oatmeal is good for you! And it's cheap. You don't energy to covet, just looking out the window and thinking, "I want that and that and that and that". Now, the other Commandments take energy. Like today. The mission is two-fold: breaking the "thou shalt not steal" and conducting emperical research into the notion that it is easy to steal candy from a baby.

Someone did say to me recently oatmeal is great for your sex drive.

« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2007, 07:37:53 PM »
Really?
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2007, 07:39:04 PM »
I HATE oatmeal!   aaaaaaaaaa

« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »
I don't know if Phets theory is right but I sure do like it. Granted, oatmeal is not the tastiest thing to eat and it looks like something Oliver Twist wouldn't even ask for seconds of but it is healthy, nutritious and cheap.

« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2007, 02:12:46 AM »
it is healthy, nutritious and cheap.

You can buy it in huge containers in China.  agagagagag You can get it in small packages with the milk and sugar already added for you (just add hot water).  You can buy it everywhere in China.  You will be happy in China. afafafafaf afafafafaf afafafafaf
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #399 on: July 21, 2007, 02:46:42 AM »
Sugar??? Who adds sugar to oatmeal? That ruins the whole purpose of eating the stuff.
Well, when I was in China, I usually had jiaozi for breakfast, it's only since I came home and got all healthy and started the Marathon training that oatmeal became an issue. Hot water?? Oh, I don't make oatmeal porridge. Just take the oats, add cold milk and eat them. Yum yum agagagagag

« Reply #400 on: July 21, 2007, 02:59:30 AM »
I didn't say you had to eat it with sugar.  I was just showing you all the options you have available. You can eat it the way you like. 

If you prepare it with cold milk - it is obviously the instant stuff.  The real oatmeal needs to be cooked for a LONG time to be edible.  That is delicious!

« Reply #401 on: July 21, 2007, 03:17:01 AM »
It's just dried oats. You can cook it to porridge, but that takes too long. Also gives me flashbacks to my days as a Boy Scout. Being roused from sleep at 5 in the morning to salute the flag and then eat steaming hot greyish sludge while some Scout Master is telling me that today we have to build a wooden tower and then find nettles to make nettle and leek soup for lunch. I hated being a Boy Scout and to this day I really hate nettles.

« Reply #402 on: July 21, 2007, 03:20:37 AM »
Nettles suck.  They make your fingers itch and burn.  asasasasas They are good for you but only if someone else picks them.  agagagagag

« Reply #403 on: July 21, 2007, 03:32:43 AM »
I can still recall that horrible concoction. Green nettle leaves, leek and chicken floating around in boiling water and it turned into some kind of slimey goo when it got colder. Disgusting.

« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2007, 09:22:40 PM »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! aaaaaaaaaa