WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!

• 914 replies
Re: WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2007, 10:05:34 PM »
Well, from that serene description, I have only one question: how could you leave that for China?

Now, paging all resident canucks: what would you say is the estimated price of a return flight from Toronto to Edmonton in late September? I have been googling and searching til my ginger hair turned gray and found a whole lot of useless hooey.
Yes, ok, here, four bottles of Canadian Club, all the beer you can drink and somewhere there is someone making poutine agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2007, 10:17:57 PM »
Well, from that serene description, I have only one question: how could you leave that for China?

Hhmmmm....could be one of several things, you'ld have to decide.  Is the reason because

Saloonites have made PRC sound irresistable?
Even "paradise" gets boring after a while (makes you "rock happy")?
I suffer from the affliction of Kipling's Elephant's Child...'satiable curiosity?
Too dopey to know any better?
Hubby and I want at least one adventure before our joints and bones harden into immobility and we are unable to move? 

bibibibibi

....anyone got any other ideas?.....
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #377 on: July 11, 2007, 12:51:45 AM »
Mwahahahaha...every Canadian I have ever met says my ideas of Mounties are wrong. That they don't wear the Mountie uniform. But a picture says more than a thousand words!!! Red uniforms! Hats! I have also been told that beavers and grizzlys did not run wild in the Canadian streets...starting to question the truthfulness of that too. Hmmm...better stock up on grizzly repellant before September.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/07/06/canada.mounties.ap/index.html

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »
Fluff Fluff Fluff!!!  agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2007, 06:35:35 PM »
The traditional red mountie uniform is the dress uniform and it is indeed worn in special ceremonies or areas.  For instance, mounties on parliament hill wear it as do the mounties who perform on horseback in the musical ride or at mountie graduation ceremonies.  The 'regular' mountie uniform is pretty standard police type stuff.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #380 on: July 11, 2007, 10:52:14 PM »
What??? Nononono....see...that's not true...not true at all...see...where is the stick-fingers-in-ears-while-going-lalalalalala-smiley?

AMonk

« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2007, 11:11:56 PM »
Eric.....any luck in finding those tickets/prices?

p.s. I have it on good authority that Beavers will sometimes run wild on the streets, but very seldom Bears.

« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2007, 12:03:13 AM »
Yeah, found a cheap flight with Air Canada. Would cost about 311 Canadian Dollars. I don't know anything about airfare prices but this seems to be somewhat cheap.

« Reply #383 on: July 16, 2007, 12:04:58 AM »
Beaver dams are always in the conservation areas.  I have seen bears in camp grounds.  We had to keep our food inside car etc.  The always went to the garbage pails.  (this was near Calgary which is near Edmonton!)
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #384 on: July 16, 2007, 12:09:03 AM »
Bears in garbaga cans??? I'm going to love Canada. Beaver dams, need to see one of those.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #385 on: July 16, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »
Depending on where you are, you can even see a moose on the highway!  However, since you're going to be in Edmonton, you likely won't spot a moose. I think there's a zoo in the west Edmonton Mall, though. 
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #386 on: July 16, 2007, 06:38:16 PM »
I need to find a moose. I promised the Canucks I'm stayinh with that I would cook for them and am dying to try out the Swedish Chef's recipe for Chocolate Moose. You take some melted chocolate, a moose and hey, presto!

AMonk

« Reply #387 on: July 17, 2007, 01:39:34 AM »
Why is a great Dane, such as yourself, stooping so low as to use a Swedish  aoaoaoaoao meatball's recipes?? mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #388 on: July 17, 2007, 01:53:24 AM »
Because the Muppet's never had a Danish chef. Besides, Swedish people are just Danes who talk funny, they just don't realize it.

« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2007, 09:23:23 PM »
Some bits to think about:

If you want your dreams to come true, don't oversleep.

The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention.

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.

The best vitamin for making friends...B1.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

Minds are like parachutes...they function only when open.

Ideas won't work unless YOU do.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

One who lacks the courage to start has already finished.

The heaviest thing to carry is a grudge.

You don't learn safety rules by accident.

We lie the loudest when we lie to ourselves.

Jumping to conclusions can be bad exercise.

A turtle makes progress when it sticks its head out.

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

A friend walks in when everyone else walks out.

The 10 commandments are not multiple choice.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.