Dotor Pain's House of Electric Needlework and Traditional Enhanced Interrogation

• 0 replies
This year, I have begun to take traditional Chinese medical treatments for my ankle. Mostly, but not exclusively, acupuncture. The title above is a bit of a pun, because my first doctor of TCM/acupuncture was  Dr. Tang. His name, I thought, made a nice near homophone for Tong, = pain. (I've always loved cheap puns.) I am seeing another doctor now, not because she is better, but because she is closer and my wife knows someone she has successfully treated. And so we go, sometimes twice, sometimes thrice a week to have pins and needles stuck into us and whatever else they feel like doing. And my wife is a great believer in this new Dr. Pain.
A word about that ankle. Some years ago I suffered an injury to it whilst playing volleyball. The doctor who X-rayed the ankle told me what I feared and suspected: there was a fracture, and the fracture was less a result of jumping than of gradual stress, wear and tear on my joints. "Traumatic arthritis" is the translation of his diagnosis. What he suggested is that I lose weight, but don't exercise the leg too much. Stay off that leg as much as possible. And when I can, have replacement surgery for the worn out joint. The foot was still whole and in good condition, but the ankle would never be right.
I've had a difficult time keeping the weight off, but I have modified my diet and reduced my alcohol consumption. It helps, a bit. I can't run and play sports as I used to, but when I can I like to swim. And to combat the swelling in my legs, I am now seeing Dr. Pain.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
I have my own personal stabby doc in FengHuang.  He does "floating needle" accupuncture.  aoaoaoaoao

I'm not sure if it really helps my back pain or just gives my brain something else to worry about. ahahahahah  In any event, he's helped me out twice.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com