Weather Check

• 1321 replies

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
Weather Check
« on: April 21, 2007, 04:00:57 PM »
A cold wind is ablowin' up here in Nei Mongol, had snow night before last.  Today is wet, blustery, damp and bleak, good day to curl up in my big comfy armchair at the back of the Saloon near the fireplace. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 04:23:35 PM by kcanuck »
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Re: Weather Check
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »
A bit of a crappy day in Dalian.

Yesterday was gorgeous - sunny, deep blue sky, warm, just perfect.  I hope that Dalian doesn't have UK style weather patterns (basically god playing the cocktease - constantly having warm weather on working days and pissing down on weekends)
It is too early to say.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 04:27:45 PM »
I am going to Mongolia during the holiday.  They said it was still cold.  How cold?  How much warm clothes should I bring?  Any suggestions? mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Vegemite

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »
Well, up here in Hailaer most of Mongolia lies to the south-west of us. We're currently celebrating highs of +4 to 8C. No need for down coats anymore, but I have had to put on my gloves the last few days as the spring winds have started up. And I still wear a scarf but have been hatless for a few weeks now. The spring rains are also due to begin in earnest anyday...that'll mean about two weeks of nightly storms.
Where abouts in Mongolia are you going?

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 05:15:49 PM »
I don't know.  I think the capital city but couldn't spell it even if I tried.  I am going with 2 of my students from Mongolia so I am going where they take me.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 06:25:34 PM »
Gorgeous day here in Shuangyashan. Not a cloud in the sky and a lovely 13 sitting on the temp gauge.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Ruth

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 10:29:47 PM »
good day to curl up in my big comfy armchair at the back of the Saloon near the fireplace. 
  We have a fireplace??  Wow, this new place has class.

Kcanuck, I'll leave the fire to you.  I'm plenty hot enough as it is here in Dongguan.  Some days are already stinking hot and it's still April.  Most days are lovely and breezy and I wish it would stay this way.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »
Nice to see you back, Ruthie. Warm in Jinan with a cool breeze. Lovely!!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 04:58:30 AM »
I'm sun burnt  agagagagag

I have the ceiling fan on now & quite comfortable in my living room with all windows open...

patio temp is;   29c right now

days have been sunny & nearly hot
if in direct sunlight, yes, it's hot......

but in the shade or at the beach......
`Nice  ababababab
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »
We're climbing.... 16o today. Pretty fierce wind accompanied it though. Nearly blew me away.   axaxaxaxax
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 12:48:08 AM »
Windy here too, loads of dust and assorted garbage blowing about.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Ruth

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 02:37:56 AM »
Started pouring rain on my way to school this morning.  Consequently I had wet shoes for the rest of the day.  Sun was out and attempting to get through the smog by the end of second period.  Humidity verging on brutal.  Not sure what the temp is - my thermometer is packed somewhere - but my hair is sticking to the back of my neck.  Managing without the AC so far, but will have to give in soon and put it on.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 02:39:59 AM »
I don't even own an AC.  oooooooooo

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 01:47:46 AM »
I still have mine set to heat.  It is set at 30 so I can stay warm.  I didn't turn it on yet today - a new record for me.  ahahahahah

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 02:01:09 AM »
30?  I would be cooking at that temperature ... I don't sleep worth a damn when it is hot.  I have to throw off the sheets and everything else and hope for a cooling breeze.

Temps regularly hitting 20 C here with a few warmer days thrown in to remind me that the hot stuff is coming.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)