Is your country REALLY civilized?

• 2 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Is your country REALLY civilized?
« on: June 04, 2008, 12:04:09 PM »
Some of these are deadly serious questions (especially number 5 - those vicious little devils could destroy an empire), some are not so serious.

You get to decide how many point to add and subtract for each true or false answer.  I can trust you to score it yourself, since you're from a civilized country, right?   ahahahahah

1. One or more political parties play a role in the government of your country.

2. Scientology plays a very small role in society in your country; preferably forbidden and not compulsory.

3. Athletes, entertainers, and other celebrities are paid hundreds or thousands of times what the average citizen can ever hope to make in your country..

4. Talk is cheap and the media bozos come in all flavors of extremism in your country.

5. There are few if any ferrets owned by people in your country.

6. In your country, a famous actor's opinion on important and complex issues is given far more media coverage than well considered opinions of experts in the field.

7. Watching people driving very fast on an oval track is considered a  quality form of entertainment in your country.

8. Women frequently tie men up and spank them mercilessly in your country.

9. People are given jobs and promotions based on merit, not as a way to either oppress them or to make up for prior oppression in your country.

10. Fashion magazines in your country think nothing is wrong with portraying 13 year old girls as sex objects in your country.

11. Public transportation instead of private automobiles is the priority for transit planners in your country.

12. Many species of animals are roasted, barbecued, and consumed by the people of your country.

13. Everyone secretly wishes there was someone different to vote for in your country.  Elections are frequently argued in the courts.

14. Regulation protect giant corporations from people in your country.

15. If your armies do invade another country to take its oil, they secure the oilfields and pipleines first and let the locals worry about peacekeeping.

16. Your country would not consider electing someone to high office based primarily on that person's spouse or father having previously held that office.

17. Reality shows are valued in your country, television increases their quantity over time.

18. In your country natural disasters bring massive press coverage, especially if a celebrity is somehow involved.

19. The old, the sick and the disabled are quickly converted to Soylent Green by your country, so that all may be fed.

20. The media of your country tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but.

21. Bad publicity is valued as much as good publicity in your country.

22. The courts and police are mostly independent of your country's organized crime syndicates.

23. Trade unions for multi-million dollar salaried athletes flourish in your country.

24. Repeatedly convicted felons out on parole get exactly the same voting rights as hard working citizens in your country.

25. Failure is achievable by all your country's schoolchildren.  There are no "social promotions" or "age appropriate cohorts" used as excuses.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Re: Is your country REALLY civilized?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »
Now these questions seem to more accurately describe civilisation as I would know it, although the scoring would tend to make the US o A the most civilised country but Canada would come in a close second I think.

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 12:36:02 PM »
21. Bad publicity is valued as much as good publicity in your country.

I'm be privilaged to have one classic memory of a friend that deck handed on another boat posin for pics wit one feesh bigger than any of us...
he be squating in front of marlin with family dat done caught it, feesh hangin dead, 4 mainlanders fresh off plane, he squatin, cappy standing with beeg smile...
it were winter so decky had sweat pantys on.. `only,,,
wit the center seam blown out & half his pee pee hangin out...
everyone Smiling beeg, oblivious to the fame this photo would bring to Kona & the decky known as...

`No such ting   
bibibibibi

me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 01:57:40 PM »
Happily, my internal translation software rebelled and shut down before figuring out what was being discussed in the previous post.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com