Quarantining

• 47 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Quarantining
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2021, 04:27:02 PM »
Every person I saw was in a bunny suit.  At hotel 1, they never entered the rooms.  Swab fairies in both hotels were using hand sanitizer on their gloves and/or put on fresh gloves for each person tested.

Food (or something resembling it) was dropped off with zero contact.  It was set on a small table outside the doorway as the person pushing the cart passed.  9 times out of 10, even if I opened the door very quickly, the delivery person was far down the hallway before I could reach out to grab my meal.

Temperature checks were done by thermometer gun to the forehead.

Based on all of the above, the odds of staff spreading the infection between rooms is incredibly low.  On the other hand, there was at least one incident in hotel 1 of one or more people exiting at least one room.  If this involved people from at least 2 rooms interacting, that would be a much more likely way to spread the virus.

I have read that the dedicated facility in GZ uses robots for food deliveries.  There's also a device to monitor body temperature inside the room.  These features would further reduce the chances of a staff member spreading the virus.

Remaining thoughts:

Anyone can put up with cold, low quality food for a few days, but doing so for 2 weeks is terribly demoralizing.  If the dedicated quarantine facility in GZ has resolved this issue, I hope it's expanded as quickly as possible.

I had to get a nasal swab and a blood test before being allowed on the airplane.  Is this blood test able to reliably detect an infection earlier than a swab test?  Are there any other forms of testing that can reliably spot an infection earlier than a swab test?  I'd happily put up with things worse than a bristle brush up both nostrils if the result was being proven to be safe for release in 12 days or less.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2021, 07:37:56 PM »
When my in-laws returned to China in spring of 2020 they had to stay in (and be billed for) separate rooms in the quarantine hotel (lol) BUT everyone was allowed to hang out together in the hallway.

A Chinese co-worker told me her friends who just went back to China and are in quarantine are having their meals delivered by a robot that can ride elevators by itself. I want to quarantine at that hotel.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2021, 07:43:36 PM »
What happens in a hotel where people can hang out in the hallways and one person turns positive?  Logically, EVERYONE should have their quarantine period start over.  The advantage of not hanging out is that if one turns positive, the rest are very unlikely to have been infected.

Policies on families seem to vary.  I've heard of double occupancy rates.  At my second hotel, there was a woman across the hall from me who had a child in the room.  I never even heard the child until we were all riding the elevator down when they kicked us out of the hotel at the end.

The dedicated Q facility in GZ is supposed to have delivery robots.  Those sorts of things are becoming less expensive and more popular, so I expect that a few regular hotels might have them.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com