MBTIndicating Classes...

• 14 replies
MBTIndicating Classes...
« on: September 08, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »
This was about as scientific as a magazine survey, but what the hey...

Sample: one class of public university sophomores majoring in Chinese
SSize: 38 unique and valuable individuals, 35 of whom attended today, 31 of whom allowed that their supposed MBTI type be recorded.

Results:

Type--no. of individuals reporting--as a percentage of the class--(vs supposed normal percentage in a population)

ENFJ--2--6.5---( 2.5 )
ENFP--4--12.9--( 8.1 )
ENTJ--1--3.2---( 1.8 )
ENTP--1--3.2---( 3.2 )
ESFJ--0--0-----( 12.3)
ESFP--1--3.2---( 8.5 )
ESTJ--0--0-----( 8.7 )
ESTP--0--0-----( 4.3 )

INFJ--4--12.9--( 1.5 )
INFP--3--9.7---( 4.4 )
INTJ--0--0-----( 2.1 )
INTP--2--6.5---( 3.3 )
ISFJ--5--16.1--( 13.8 )
ISFP--4--12.9--( 8.8 )
ISTJ--2--6.5---( 11.6)
ISTP--2--6.5---( 5.4 )

if this were at all scientific (it's not), the INTJ isn't noticeably absent, but having zero ESTJs and not even one ESFJ looks special, as does somehow finding 4 INFJs in one place, one of them a male.

Dunno if any of the other stats look special... whaddya think?

These typings are all self-declared.  The students read through a quick and dirty summary of MBTI categories (functions, attitudes, whatever they're called) as copied below, and then checked their supposed result against capsule summaries stuck up on the wall as 16 info-posters, so the post-"test" check was a mingle.  The capsule summaries were as found at www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html.  Also included on the posters were the "xxxx tends to be" summaries found at http://www.personalitytype.com/index.html

The whole thing kinda wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.  Before class I tested the readings and ideas on an ENFP and an ENFJ I know, and they both said it'd be interesting, but maybe that was just their ENF talking.

What do you like...?

(as comped from People Types and Tiger Stripes, third edition and typeset so much better on a damn two page document that took me a week to prepare with pretty pictures and eye pleasing type...)

E likes action and variety
E likes to do mental work by talking to people
E acts quickly, sometimes without much reflection.
E likes to see how other people do a job, and likes to see results.
E wants to know what other people expect of him or her.

I likes time and quiet to consider things.
I likes to do mental work privately before talking.
I may be slow to try something without understanding it first.
I likes to understand the idea of a job, and to work alone or with just a few people.
I wants to set his or her own standards.

s pays most attention to experience as it is.
S likes to use eyes and ears and other senses to find out what’s happening.
S dislikes new problems unless earlier experience shows how to solve them.
S enjoys using skills already learned more than learning new ones.
S is patient with details but impatient when the details get complicated.

N pays attention to the meaning of facts and how they fit together.
N likes to use imagination to come up with new ways to do things, new possibilities.
N likes solving new problems and dislikes doing the same thing over and over.
N likes using new skills more than practicing old ones.
N is impatient with details but doesn’t mind complicated situations.

T likes to decide things using logic.
T wants to be treated with justice and fair play.
T may forget and hurt other people’s feelings without knowing it.
T gives more attention to ideas or things than to human relationships.
T can get along with little harmony.

F likes to decide things using personal feelings and human values.
F likes praise, and likes to please people, even in small matters.
F is usually very aware of other people’s feelings.
F can predict how others will feel.
F values harmony; feels unsettled by arguments and conflicts.

J likes to make a plan, to have things settled and decided ahead.
J tries to make things come out the way they “ought to be”.
J likes to finish one project before starting another.
J usually has mind made up.
J may decide things too quickly.
J wants to be right.
J lives by standards and schedules that are not easily changed.

P likes to stay flexible and avoid fixed plans.
P deals easily with unplanned and unexpected happenings.
P likes to start many projects but may have trouble finishing them all.
P is usually looking for new information.
P may decide things too slowly.
P wants to miss nothing.
P lives by making changes to deal with problems as they come along.

Next class: surreptitious DNA samples.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: MBTIndicating Classes...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:10:07 PM »
Next class: surreptitious DNA samples.

Nope - get similar readings on their star signs and animal signs and see how many they say are accurate!  I'll bet a lot of them will tell you their star sign or their animal sign is also a good reading of their character.  ahahahahah

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:02:37 PM »
Stats:

EN 8; ES 1; IN 9; IS 13

NF 13; NT 4; SF 10; ST 4

FJ 11; FP 12; TJ 3; TP 5

I 22; E 9
N 17; S 14
F 23; T 8
P 17; J 14

Looks like F is where it's at, with a fairly even split between two really different learning styles: NF and SF.  And a lot of them introverts too.  Dang.

Y'all know of course, that if they did say horoscopes were accurate, then they would be accurate, right?  Not accurate if you read only the horoscopes, but accurate if you read how they say the horoscopes are accurate.  (And a lot more accurate if they could choose their horoscope.)  Because the horoscopes would provide a template onto which the individuals expressed their personal similarities and differences.  The worth of it would lie in just how much expression those horoscope templates permitted. "I'm a cow," for example, wouldn't go too far.  But, say, if the kiddie were allowed to come out with something like, "I'm a metal cow with earth grounding, which means I'm steadfast and decisive with a realistic bent...", maybe that goes further, or closer to what's really there, yeah?

So, how expressive is the MBTI not?

Maybe urine tests next?  I'll wait for the text book.  It has a "Going to the Doctor" chapter.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:20:55 AM »
A follow up activity I didn't think of until too late:

"You have 4 letters: choose 2.  Find someone with the same.  Compare/discuss."

For checking your own assessment of your type, and using the whole exercise to develop, I guess, language of preference and story telling, and maybe some other stuff too.  People with similar preferences, and presumably therefore similar language preferences, exercising and possibly expanding what they already know.

Follow up 2: find someone with opposite letters.  Compare.  Discuss.  Become hopelessly lost and demoralised.  Get married.

old34

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 04:39:44 AM »
Good work, Calach. Interesting results. I really gotta dig out the results I got when I did something like this a few years ago.

Also, don't lose sight of the fact that you are doing this as an exercise in learning, not career selection. Go through the rest of the Tiger Stripes book and it gives some lesson planning tips for different types of learners.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:45:20 AM by old34 »
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 04:45:52 AM »
I double dare you to do it with their birth signs.  Look up all the writings about different signs, get them to analyse whether their birth sign reflects their personality.  Be as fair and impartial about it as you did with the MBTI.   axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax

old34

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 06:09:36 AM »
LE, from your comments on the previous thread, and from your childish comments here, you don't like the MBTI. Fair enough. But from your comments in the other thread (Fountainhead) your experience with the MBTI was career/personality oriented. A "work-based situation" as you put it. Go re-read the original article you cited from IU and you'll see he's talking about the MBTI as a career assessment tool.

Yes, the test has been used/abused/pushed and sold as some kind of personality assessment by career counselors, company HR staff, and other assorted whacknuts. The book "What Color is My Balloon" is one example. Used as an assessment for personality, it isn't much more than pop psychology.

On the other hand, the use of the MBTI as an assessment for LEARNING STYLES...i.e. how somebody learns...and for giving both the student and the teacher some feedback on what someone's style of learning is, it is a valuable tool.

A simple Google of MBTI + Learning styles will indicate a plethora of results that IN THE ACADEMIC FIELD (as opposed to the career counseling/job assessment field), it gets a lot of juice.
You can't port the personality/career/assessment arguments over to the education field. At least not so easily.

Sure it doesn't cover all styles of "how we learn", but it covers 16 of them, and those 16 can inform the student what works better for them and inform the teacher what might work with some students.

I first mentioned having done such a lesson in the original Fountainhead thread
http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=2517.0
and I thought I was clear there that the whole thing was done in the context of learning styles.

Calach has done a fine job (IMO) of trying to use it to assess his students. And I think he's got some useful results for his teaching. Plus his students got some useful feedback, depending on how closely they were paying attention, to HOW they learn and why or why not their current methods of studying are paying off.

If you don't like the MBTI, fine, point taken. But re-calibrate your arguments against it to the learning style situation as opposed to the career assessment/job placement situation where you first encountered it. And until you can do that, lay off the sarcasm towards a teacher who's actually trying to create new, innovative lessons for both his students' and his own benefit.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »
old34 I figured from the bouncing smilies in my last post, it was pretty clear that I was joking - and using the words 'double dare' also made it a joke. 

My objections to the MBTI are as follows and they are not just related to its use as a career predictor but its actual use as an assessment tool for any function:

1.  Its popularity is NOT an indicator of its validity, reliability or any proven scientific worth (an equal number of studies show that it is NOT a good indicator of styles, types etc - over 50% can change within 5 weeks - how does that help in looking at student learning styles?). In scientific testing validity and reliability are the standards for judgment.

2.  The feedback (ie typing) it provides is vague and usually complimentary - so it can be emotionally/mentally jiggled to mean anything to those getting the results.

3. It purports to be scientific - basically claiming something that it isn't. Based on this 'claim' people tend to categorise themselves and others.  All of us are way more than the interaction of 16 attributes.

4.People giving these and similar tests are, in the main, NOT trained to do so, and therefore do not understand the limitations of them, nor have the ability to interpret them.  Therefore the feedback can be simplistic and highly inaccurate.

The benefit of any of these popular tests are that they give you a way of discussing yourself.  Therefore for this purpose star signs, numerology, animal signs etc are just as valid and at least the majority of people will not believe in them as readily as they believe these 'scientific tools'.

I am NEVER going to knock a teacher for trying to do something interesting with students, something that will make them talk and think.  BUT .. I also believe that we have a responsibility to students to ensure that they aren't misled by our actions as well.

For me this lesson would need to be put in the context of 'hey, let's try this for FUN, and then we can compare it with other things (star signs etc) that tell you about yourself - which do you figure is more 'you'?  Compare and contrast these.'  And use a bunch of them from magazines etc.  That way not only are you giving students a chance to think about themselves, but also the tools to start to analyse the tricks that can be pulled on them in the name of science.

As for learning styles - with any class there will be a huge mix of styles, so for EVERY class the teacher needs to use a variety of teaching styles to reach students - equal time on each style, to ensure all students have a chance of understanding.   The problem in China is that teachers in primary and middle school have very authoritarian styles, and so students are so used to those and so adapted to those, they have difficulty in adapting to styles which are meant to help them!  ahahahahah ahahahahah  The perception is that if the teacher is not doing all the work (talking etc) then s/he is a bad, lazy teacher.  When FTs vary things, use all different types of activities, make the students do the learning work, we are seen as the 'dancing monkeys' and it becomes a cycle. llllllllll
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:10:58 PM by Lotus Eater »

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 03:56:05 PM »
4.People giving these and similar tests are, in the main, NOT trained to do so, and therefore do not understand the limitations of them, nor have the ability to interpret them.  Therefore the feedback can be simplistic and highly inaccurate.

Yep, that's me.  I worried a bit about that, particularly since in enthusiastic, informal discussions with people, non-students outside of class, I often hear myself saying things like, "that means, well, it's... see, an F is, well,... actually I don't know what that reallly is...."

Then I figured, what the hell.  I'm enthusiastic about it for some reason, so just take care to avoid "authoritative" statements when I don't know what I'm talking about and fire up a lesson plan and see what happens!

The main reason I'm enthusiastic about MBTI concepts is simply how personally illuminating I've found the type descriptions to be.  In the personal life outside of class I've typed and interacted closely with an ENTJ, an ENFJ, an ENFP and an INFJ.  Reading the type description, particularly the LifeExplore and the PersonalityPage stuff, has provided so many moments of clarity I can't, and don't want to, ignore them.

Oh sure, you NF types out there will be sitting back and shaking your heads in wonderment at the simple wrongheadness of this approach.  "Just get out there and meet people," you'll think.  Doesn't work that way for me.  I'm an ideas guy--a "head in the NT-clouds" fella--I deal in concepts.  Thus, talking to, say, an ENFJ, given a detailed description of what an ENFJ type is (not a person, a type), I'll have a heuristic device for making sense of all the histrionics I encounter and don't know how, by myself, to make sense of.  Naturally, as a good-enough ideas guy, I'll try and remember the person comes before the type, so I'll know I'm taking a roundabout path to communication and I'll need to check myself a lot every time I think, "Ah ha, gotcha!"  But there it is.  Works for me.  Miscommunication addressed--sort of.

See, "type" is an idea.  A concept.  Us intuitive thinker types like concepts.  It's how we deal.  It's how I deal.  So I like it.

Also, since I'm an inveterate planner, particularly a lesson planner, there're concepts like "NT, NF, ST and SF types learn in very different ways."  They catch hold in my mind and inform lesson development.  I like that.  Later I'll see if it actually works.

Ergo, everyone will be tested.  Tattooed barcodes currently remain optional, pending clearance by the educational authority.

Interesting PS:

I think I remember reading that MBTI stuff can sort of be made to predict ES types will be underrepresented in tertiary education settings.  There was 1 ES type found in that "test" I did yesterday.  And by one supposed set of stats, ES types should 33% of any average population.  Interesting!  (Or, conceptually interesting, at any rate.)

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 02:45:10 AM »
Sti'stiks

If I may be tendentious for a moment, it is supposedly true that NF suits language learning, and INs dig university.  In the stats below, IN and EN are over-represented; ES and IS are under-represented.  INF is grossly over-represented.  It's what they think they are.

And remember, kids: everyone can do everything!  And I like class Q.  Now, from a total of 166 contestants:

TYPE (x) y (z)
x=total reporting
y=percentage of total
z=percentage of females reporting this type per average population.

ESTJ  (9 ) 5.4%  (6.3 )
ESTP  (4 ) 2.4%  (3.0 )
ESFJ (13 ) 7.8%  (16.9 )
ESFP  (8 ) 4.8%  (10.1 )
ENTJ  (7 ) 4.2%  (0.9 )
ENTP (11 ) 6.6%  (2.4 )
ENFJ  (9 )  5.4%  (3.3 )
ENFP (20 ) 12.0% (9.7 )

ISTJ  (6 ) 3.6%  (6.9 )
ISTP  (2 ) 1.2%  (2.4 )
ISFJ (15 ) 9.0%  (19.4 )
ISFP (11 ) 6.6%  (9.9 )
INTJ  (4 ) 2.4%  (0.8 )
INTP  (4 ) 2.4%  (1.8 )
INFJ (21 ) 12.7% (1.6 )
INFP (22 ) 13.3% (4.6 )

Learning Styles:

ST (21) 12.7%
SF (47) 28.3%
NT (26) 15.7%
NF (72) 43.4%

http://www.infj.org/archive/typestats.html

There is a total of about 15 males scattered across the various classes, and a few ring-ins in each class--guys who came by to get free English lessons--but I stuck with infj.org's female stats beause, hell, there's lotsa girls in them classes.  The freshmen are a lot gayer this year too.  Don't know why.

In Detail:

Class X - "Vengence Is OURS!"
("The NF/SF split")

My God!  7 INFJs?!  That's okay, but if I get on their bad side, that class'll take me down with hammers.  (And 3 ENFJs too--they'll nice me to death while the INFJs shriek and laugh over my demise.)

33 respondants.

ESTJ 2
ESTP 1
ESFJ 3
ESFP 3
ENTJ 2
ENTP 1
ENFJ 3
ENFP 2

ISTJ 1
ISTP 0
ISFJ 2
ISFP 3
INTJ 1
INTP 0
INFJ 7
INFP 2

E 17; I 16
S 15; N 18
T 8; F 25
J 21; P 12

ST 4; SF 11; NT 4; NF 14

Face the world with:
T 6; F 15; N 5; S 7
Process with:
F 14; T 4; S 8; N 7

Class Y - "Imaginons"
("Ah, N!")
Seems like an even grouping, but it isn't because there's another 3 ENFJs, and a whole lotta ENTPs to help them.  (There is however, one real ENTJ, not that she'll listen to me.)

32 respondants.

ESTJ 3
ESTP 2
ESFJ 1
ESFP 1
ENTJ 2
ENTP 4
ENFJ 3
ENFP 4

ISTJ 1
ISTP 0
ISFJ 3
ISFP 1
INTJ 0
INTP 1
INFJ 2
INFP 4

E 20; I 12
S 12; N 20
T 13; F 19
J 15; P 17

ST 6; SF 6; NT 7; NF 13

Face the world with:
T 6; F 9; N 13; S 4
Process with:
F 10; T 7; S 5; N 10

Class Q - "The Idyll"
("Welcome to F-world")
I like this class, they're so nice to each other, so I'm getting an easy ride so far.  But 10 INFPs?!  And no ENTJs to wrangle them?!  But 5 INFJs to avenge their sensitive distress when I go too far with some NT joke?!  And 5 ENFPs to piss off the INFJs?!  Smile and wave, teachers.  Smile and wave.

39 respondants.

ESTJ 2
ESTP 1
ESFJ 3
ESFP 2
ENTJ 0
ENTP 0
ENFJ 0
ENFP 5

ISTJ 1
ISTP 0
ISFJ 5
ISFP 2
INTJ 1
INTP 2
INFJ 5
INFP 10

E 13; I 26
S 16; N 23
T 7; F 32
J 17; P 22

ST 4; SF 12; NT 3; NF 20

Face the world with:
T 4; F 13; N 17; S 5
Process with:
F 17; T 3; S 7; N 12

Class Nork - "Bored"
("Results possibly corrupt--they weren't into the test and had to take a second pass at the information posters, and a few made really substantial changes in their selections.  From INFP to ENTJ--wah!  Kao!")

27 respondants.

ESTJ 1
ESTP 0
ESFJ 3
ESFP 1
ENTJ 1
ENTP 3
ENFJ 0
ENFP 4

ISTJ 2
ISTP 0
ISFJ 4
ISFP 2
INTJ 1
INTP 1
INFJ 2
INFP 2

E 13; I 14
S 13; N 14
T 9; F 18
J 14; P 13

ST 3; SF 10; NT 6; NF 8

Face the world with: T 5; F 9; N 10; S 3
Process with: F 11; T 6; S 6; N 4

Class Z - "Whatever, it's Friday"
("I dunno--kinda flat by the end of the week--no special impression.")

35 respondants.

ESTJ 1
ESTP 0
ESFJ 3
ESFP 1
ENTJ 2
ENTP 3
ENFJ 3
ENFP 5

ISTJ 1
ISTP 2
ISFJ 1
ISFP 3
INTJ 1
INTP 0
INFJ 5
INFP 4

E 18; I 17
S 12; N 23
T 10; F 25
J 17; P 18

ST 4; SF 8; NT 6; NF 17

Face the world with: T 5; F 12; N 12; S 6
Process with: F 12; T 5; S 9; N 9

Notes:
Face the world with: (when they speak, they will sound like...)
T (=TJ); F (=FJ); N (=NP); S (=SP)

Process with: (when they work out something, they'll use...)
F (=EFP + IFJ); T (=ETP + ITJ); S (=ESJ + ISP); N (=ENJ + INP)

Toward the end of "testing", I discovered the xSTJs: "I don't think this game can tell me anything."  Also, straight ENFJ boys masquerading as gay ENTPs--what's up with that?  And I'm really going to have to learn something about S and how it works.  They're troublemakers.

But, y'know, all up?  If a teacher is supposed to have something in common with his students, I'm in the wrong job--an INTJ in NF land.  Were I INFJ or even ENFJ, I'd be right where I ought to be.  ESL'll make a woman of me yet.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 02:55:26 AM »
 awawawawaw.........sorry Calach. I read it, but it does not connect with any little wires in my head.
I hate maths!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 03:32:51 AM »
Well, if I may over-simplify ("amateur with a hammer and a lotta square pegs for round holes") and crush the theory into my own understanding, supposedly the interesting suhtistik is this one:

Learning Styles:

ST (21) 12.7%
SF (47) 28.3%
NT (26) 15.7%
NF (72) 43.4%

Lotta NF students.  Whole lotta F students.

People who favour F, favour personalised, warm teachers.  If they feel a relationship with the teacher, it carries them through a lot of work they might not otherwise wish to do.  NF preferences suggest a teacher who initiates and develops a warm, harmonious classroom environment that allows room for the student imagination.  They don't want too much step-by-step instruction.  SF students are similar but get lost if the teacher leaves too many gaps in instruction.  And ST and NT students don't give a rat's ass what the teacher feels--they want logic.

I put up all the other stats to see if what the students were choosing for themselves accorded in any way with what seems to happen elsewhere when people do an MBTI, uh, "instrument."

Whatever.  It's what they think they are, F-sters, by and large.  If I regale them with grand theories and reasoned development, I'll bore and worry them.

old34

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 06:45:53 AM »
Resurrecting this dormant thread, and prolly of interest only to Calach and myself, I've had a light classload lately so got around to working on one of my To-Dos: consolidating the data I've been accumulating over the past 9 years in using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for Educational/Teaching/Classroom purposes. I'm well aware of its limitations and foibles, especially in the field of career-planning/HR, but have found it useful in an educational setting for determining Learning Styles and Teaching Strategies. So I use it for those purposes. I've used it in my Teacher Training for both Chinese teachers and Foreign Teachers, and I've used it in my own university classes with Chinese students to help inform them to help their learning strategies. Whenever I have used it with any of those 3 groups, I have them take an abbreviated MBTI Inventory, and record their results. So with my recent free time, I collated the various results from the data I've accumulated split into three groups: Chinese University Students, Chinese English Teachers (mostly middle school with a small group of primary school teachers and a small group of young university teachers), and Foreign Teachers new to  China (most from the UK and US but with a mix from a few other countries. also about 10% are STEM teachers and not EFL.)

I present the results here, some of which I find interesting and some not so surprising.  First, the results:

Chinese Students      Chinese Teachers           Foreign Teachers      
TYPES   S:   %   #   CLASSES   S:   %   #   CLASSES   S:   %   #   CLASSES
                406      17                404       13         310        13
ISTJ           16   4%                 34   8%                   5   2%      
ISTP           14   3%                 17   4%                   1   0%      
ISFJ           62   15%                 69   17%                  19   6%      
ISFP           29   7%                 24   6%                  14   5%      
INFJ           33   8%                 42   10%                  21   7%      
INFP           40   10%                 21   5%                  36   12%      
INTJ           25   6%                 20   5%                  16   5%      
INTP           15   4%                 10   2%                  19   6%      

ESTP             9   2%                  9   2%                    5   2%      
ESTJ            10   2%                31   8%                  24   8%      
ESFP            16   4%                23   6%                  24   8%      
ESFJ            36   9%                43   11%                  24   8%      
ENFP            40   10%                25   6%                  72   23%      
ENFJ            27   7%                20   5%                  19   6%      
ENTP            17   4%                 6   1%                  20   6%      
ENTJ            17   4%                10   2%                   9   3%      

I/E   57.6%   42.4%         58.7%   41.3%        42.3%   57.7%      
S/N   47.3%   52.7%         61.9%   38.1%        31.6%   68.4%      
T/F   30.3%   69.7%         33.9%   66.1%        26.1%   73.9%      
P/J   44.3%   55.7%         33.4%   66.6%        61.6%   38.4%      
ST          12.1%                    22.5%            5.5%         
SF          35.2%                    39.4%            26.1%         
NF          34.5%                    26.7%            47.7%         
NT          18.2%                    11.4%            20.6%         
SJ          30.5%                    43.8%            17.4%         
SP          16.7%                    18.1%            14.2%         
NJ          25.1%                    22.8%            21.0%         
NP         27.6%                    15.3%            47.4%         
IS         29.8%                    35.6%            12.6%         
IN         27.8%                    23.0%            29.7%         
ES         17.5%                    26.2%            19.0%         
EN         24.9%                    15.1%            38.7%         

old34

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 06:49:31 AM »
Sorry, this site doesn't handle columns very well

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »
It's interesting about the F dimension. Also, to some degree, the N. In real life, as I recall from official MBTI stats, in a normal collection of people, T and F are about equally distributed, with there being a few more T males and a few more F females, but across both male and female there should be more S than N.

Imma make up a statistic: It's not that English is a subject for girls (and Science a subject for boys), but that language and communication appeal to the humanising, personal element (aka "F").

Probably a reach.