Images of China

• 20 replies

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: Images of China
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 02:45:17 PM »
Yeah it's kelp. It's called 海带 hǎi dài。It's a very common food in Hunan often pickled or in soups.

xwarrior

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 11:24:53 AM »

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 12:38:43 PM »
Looks like the little bloke has a lazy eye. Is that an ice cream he is eating? Nice photo xwarrior. bfbfbfbfbf

xwarrior

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:48 AM »
Looks like the little bloke has a lazy eye. Is that an ice cream he is eating?

Sorry, for the late (very) reply, Granny Mae.

I am not sure that the boy is eating an ice cream. I took the photo in McDonald's and they serve up the same goopy stuff as Mr Whippy. I looked it up on the internet and it is officially known as a "Vanilla Cone."

Lazy eye? Where I come from it used to be referred to as 'cross-eyed.' You know, the same as, 'With her one eye on the pot and the other up the chimney.'  Anyway, a lot of young people in China have this problem even though they do eye exercises most days while at school.

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 01:05:50 PM »
Thanks xwarrior! bfbfbfbfbf  I find it really interesting that children need to do eye exercises.

fox

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 01:35:45 AM »
yep in my school the kids get subjected to twice a day eye exercises.  there still seems a very large number of kids with a squint though, Also cancers seem to be blighting all my chinese mates and families atm.  i noticed the AIQ index one day at the beginning of April had my homecity here as the highest polluted city in china  bibibibibi.

Maybe time for a change. some coastal place might be better. I was thinking of shenzhen but im quite used to my workload and familiar with the devil i know.  Heck, just a few years back i remember turning down a few jobs in Foshan and Donguan because of reputations of chronic pollution, but they seem to have cleared up those areas and factories moved elsewhere.

Looks like the little bloke has a lazy eye. Is that an ice cream he is eating?

Sorry, for the late (very) reply, Granny Mae.

I am not sure that the boy is eating an ice cream. I took the photo in McDonald's and they serve up the same goopy stuff as Mr Whippy. I looked it up on the internet and it is officially known as a "Vanilla Cone."

Lazy eye? Where I come from it used to be referred to as 'cross-eyed.' You know, the same as, 'With her one eye on the pot and the other up the chimney.'  Anyway, a lot of young people in China have this problem even though they do eye exercises most days while at school.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.