What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??

• 1187 replies

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2007, 12:56:28 PM »
Great stuff Dog, Especially 'Battle of Mice'. Thanks.

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2007, 03:15:58 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it.

It is too early to say.

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »
The BoM singer is quite something, isn't she?  Incredible vocal range.  Her 'normal' band is a punkier outfit called Made Out of babies.  They are a bit like a female Jesus Lizard. I can upload theirs too if you like.  battle of mice is a supergroup containing members of several 'post-metal' bands...
It is too early to say.

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2007, 03:35:33 PM »
Hey, can anyone help me out with an invitation code for demonoid?
You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2007, 03:41:42 PM »
check your PMs :)
It is too early to say.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2007, 03:47:41 PM »
Limewire is gone  ananananan so I am trying to download WebThunder - so sloooowwwww!  I want the Leonard Cohen "10 New Songs".

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2007, 05:41:37 PM »
I love Leonard Cohen, my last download of his was Dear Heather.  Ten New Songs is on Pirate Bay.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 05:49:46 PM by kcanuck »
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »
The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stephanie
Various Evermore tracks
Plus a bunch of French stuff (courtesy of my friend) - current favourite:Parce Qu On Vient De Loin. The guy has an amazing voice.

Can anyone translate the name of that for me, by the way? My French sux. bibibibibi
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »
TAMIL HITS!  afafafafaf cheexyblonde

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2007, 08:52:03 PM »

Plus a bunch of French stuff (courtesy of my friend) - current favourite:Parce Qu On Vient De Loin. The guy has an amazing voice.

Can anyone translate the name of that for me, by the way? My French sux. bibibibibi
name of the artist? there are quite a few french songs by that name
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007, 02:04:29 AM »
LT, "Because We Come from Far Away"

There's a great French Canadian singer named Garou, beautiful, smoky bar kind of voice.  I listen to quite a bit of French stuff, Francis Cabrel, Patrick Bruel and even Edith Piaff. There's a Cajun singer named Zachary Richard who's pretty great, too.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2007, 04:21:24 AM »
War protest songs as a follow up from my war poetry Literature class last week.  I gave them Eric Bogle's "No Man's land" and they all loved it, and asked for the music.  So this week they are also getting "And the band Played Waltzing Matilda" "I was only 19", "Unknown Soldier" "Where have all the flowers gone".

And the fun part of the final lesson? Visual poetry.

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »
When I am travelling around in China, I normally enjoy listening to "deep dance" nice mixes  bfbfbfbfbf

I recognized, if you listen to chinese music and look at the scenery outside the car, you get easily depressed. Sad chinese music and sad environment - well there is still space for changes in China.  agagagagag
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »
I don't normally listen to music as I travel.  I find it isolating, distracting and further I am one of those horrid people who hum, sing snatches of songs (totally out of tune) and jiggle around in time if I am listening to music.  If others can't hear and share - then they are driven nuts. 

So in all I am happier to talk, read, play cards, look out of the window and muse on life as I travel.

Music is an 'at home' or in the clubs thing for me because I becomes totally caught up in it.

anya

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2007, 10:23:49 PM »
I miss my Oink account so much (ratio also not good enough for invites)! I don't have internet at home here in China, so I made friends make me going away CDs before I left. I have those on constant rotation.

Right now listening also to Feist's new album, Postal Service, random Pendulum, and lots of Zero 7.

Dog: I also quite like Blackheart Procession. Have you listened to TV on the Radio?
"I want justice," I shouted.
"You'll get the law," he replied. "We gave up on justice long ago. The best we can do is law." -p. 207