This week's avatar: alternate headings

• 2187 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: This week's avatar: alternate headings
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »
And thanks for remembering for me to post the pic here. bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2010, 11:39:05 PM »
Breaking news - a new wave of Cuban refugees washes up on Miami Beach after Raoul Castro lifts the ban on inner-tube sales.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

A-Train

« Reply #542 on: September 13, 2010, 11:55:53 PM »
It was certainly no day-at-the-beach.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

fox

« Reply #543 on: September 14, 2010, 02:39:41 AM »
debris
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

« Reply #544 on: September 14, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »
It's alright, folks. It's only a candy-bar!

« Reply #545 on: September 14, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »
It was when my partner suggested this moment to go skinnydipping that I began to wonder if they were too much of an exhibitionist.

OR

The innaugeral triathlon attracted a higher than anticipated number of entrants.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #546 on: September 20, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #547 on: September 20, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »
duh' Lick Me. For I am the mighty Hypnotoad. afafafafaf

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #548 on: September 20, 2010, 11:17:55 PM »
Thanks again, Looney. bjbjbjbjbj
Raoulus interruptus...had to run out to early Mass and then to the feared and loathed second leg of my pretty-much-mandatory double shift (It's high profits NFL season, so All Hands On Deck (and no, I'm NOT talking like a pirate.......am I? :wtf: ) for some time to come. Lots of sweet, sweet OT (especially on a weekend afternoon axaxaxaxax ) and turned out to be the easiest money I ever made (outside of China uuuuuuuuuu ) and I managed to stay tweeeeeeeeeked enough to get through it still mean and kickin'.

So now it's 3:48am Monday morning, and I haven't slept since Friday afternoon. I'd love to sleep, but I dare not: This is Bat Country, and the filthy blood-sucking bastards won't stop dive-bombing my bed. asasasasas  So I went and did my huge load of reeking laundry and chatted up the poor nice young Native American laundromat attendant until her head was about to asplode and she was, like, an hour late getting off work. I think I finally got out of there before she pulled out the Mace, but for the last few hours I suppose anything was possible...I'm wearing a scent that I don't recognize and that is making my eyes hurt. Now, I'm typing here and listen to really obtuse music (Currently playing- King Missile's Detachable Penis ("I can rent it out when I don't need it!") and then Fu Manchu's massive Mongoose) Next: I may take my cup of Canadian Night Crawlers (i.e. enormous mutant earthworms who can't say the word "about" properly) out of the fridge and, if they still alive, go troll my apartment complex's lake for Bottom-Dwelling Sewer Eel (and possibly the dreaded Batfish as well). Then, who knows...perhaps I'll go find a diner with a jukebox playing Ferlin Husky and Patsy Cline records and terrorize the place with my steel ruler while guzzling coffee I certainly don't need and picking listlessly at the Grits 'n' Gravy I don't want in the first place and screaming at the goddam bats until the local contingent of farmers, truck drivers, and refinery roustabouts conspire together to administer me un sedativo ("brutal beating").

Well, I gotta do somethin'  with a one-and-a-half-day off.... uuuuuuuuuu

Now it's Chamillionaire's hip-hop classic, Ridin' Dirty....
"They see me rollin'
 They hate it
 Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
 Trying to catch me ridin' dirty, trying to catch me ridin' dirty....
 My music's so loud
 I'm swingin'
 They hopin' they gonna catch me ridin' dirty
 Trying to catch me ridin' dirty, trying to catch me ridin' dirty...."

Anyway, I digress.
Adamsmith, don't get this wrong...I know you to be a true mensch and a Major Dude. But I serve The Hypnotoad. I know The Hypnotoad. The Hypnotoad is a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Hypnotoad. kkkkkkkkkk

All Glory to The Hypnotoad.

The Gorillaz' Clint Eastwood  is now filling the bill. Thanks again, Dr. Con. bjbjbjbjbj akakakakak
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:27:50 AM by Raoul Duke »
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #549 on: September 21, 2010, 12:35:04 AM »
isn't the hypnotoad one of those hallucinogenic guys that homer simpson was so fond of.
Just take another taste and you won't need the coffee el jefe. uuuuuuuuuu

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #550 on: September 21, 2010, 01:42:18 AM »
Close, but wrong Matt Groening creation. The Hypnotoad appears on Futurama, which is now back in production (for Comedy Central) and which I've come to love even more than latter seasons of The Simpsons. akakakakak

According to Wikipedia, in its separate entry on recurring Futurama  characters:

The Hypnotoad
"The Hypnotoad is a large toad with pulsating, multicolored eyes which emit a loud, ominous buzzing noise. It has the power to hypnotize almost any living thing at will, even mass numbers of creatures. The Hypnotoad first appeared in "The Day the Earth Stood Stupid", in which it hypnotized a flock of sheep to herd themselves into a pen and close the door behind them, a panel of judges to win a pet show, then the audience of that pet show to force their approval of that victory. It has since acquired its own television show <within Futurama -R >, Everybody Loves Hypnotoad, in which it hypnotizes the audience. The Futurama: Bender's Big Score DVD includes a full 22-minute episode. The episode mainly features The Hypnotoad staring into the camera, occasionally intercut with a laugh track or shots of the exteriors of various locations to indicate a scene change. The finale of the show consists of a voiceover telling the audience that they will wake up remembering nothing and feeling refreshed, and the credits are all attributed to The Hypnotoad."

Fry, sometimes with others, is sometimes shown watching The Hypnotoad. Effects tend to inducing a completely mindless drooling state, through which The Hypnotoad sends his subconscious commands of world domination.
You know...much like most real TV today... bibibibibi
Leela has been known to walk in and suddenly turn off the TV with a disgusted look at Fry, causing Fry to snap out of it and scream "Hey! I was watching that!"

If you want to fully experience the glory of The Hypnotoad, you can see the full 22-minute episode of Everybody Loves HYPNOTOAD at http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO8ZwoRZdMK2QAXnD7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTB1Y2k4Y2x2BHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDVjExNwRzbGsDcmVzBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=1kt6olqcf/EXP=1285068456/**http%3a//video.search.yahoo.com/video/play%3fei=UTF-8%26fr=yfp-t-701%26p=hypnotoad%26vid=160678084900%26dt=1196928000%26l=1321%26turl=http%253A%252F%252Fts1.mm.bing.net%252Fvideos%252Fthumbnail.aspx%253Fq%253D160678084900%2526id%253D63fe4e06e59c4cbb3505cddb55e3d7ad%2526bid%253Du%25252fenJ04dDLosxQ%2526bn%253DThumb%2526index%253Dch1%2526url%253Dhttp%25253a%25252f%25252fvids.myspace.com%25252findex.cfm%25253ffuseaction%25253dvids.individual%252526videoid%25253d23448041%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fvids.myspace.com%252Findex.cfm%253Ffuseaction%253Dvids.individual%2526videoid%253D23448041%26tit=Everybody%2bLoves%2bHypnotoad%26sigr=12duh0f7i%26newfp=1

Max the sound and watch the eyes. uuuuuuuuuu Try to hang for at least around 7 mins...sure, of course it's mostly The Hypnotoad, but there are some commercials and some stock-network-sitcom-type segues thrown in throughout, including a glimpse of my favorite newscaster, Morbo.
And let me know if you can't see this in China...I'll keep trying. vvvvvvvvvv

It's definitely Must-See TV. I find myself compelled to watch it often. :respect:
When it's over, you will awaken feeling refreshed and remembering nothing, I promise you.
All Glory to The Hypnotoad.

Meanwhile, Adam, I did and I don't. agagagagag
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:24:56 AM by Raoul Duke »

A-Train

« Reply #551 on: September 21, 2010, 04:20:12 AM »
isn't the hypnotoad one of those hallucinogenic guys that homer simpson was so fond of.
Just take another taste and you won't need the coffee el jefe. uuuuuuuuuu

I believe you're thinking of the real toads that get you high when licked.  Homer was stuck on their island for some reason.  When asked, "Are you licking toads again, Homer?", responded with.."I'm not,not licking toads".

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #552 on: September 21, 2010, 06:09:20 AM »
Hmmmm....know about the toad-licking thing, of course (never tried it, but long ago DID smoke some banana peels... acacacacac ) but didn't know the connection to Homer. There's still a LOT of Simpsons  episodes I have yet to see... ananananan

As for Another Taste and not needing more coffee, I was in a totally different conversation, which I guess forms a classic G-E-B self-referential recursion. uuuuuuuuuu

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #553 on: September 28, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
Hey, I remembered this time. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. uuuuuuuuuu

Meanwhile, did anyone in China try the Hypnotoad video? I'm curious about whether you can see it or not...

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #554 on: September 28, 2010, 06:47:26 PM »
Meanwhile, did anyone in China try the Hypnotoad video? I'm curious about whether you can see it or not...

I remember typing in the url, but can't recall anything else for the rest of the day.
EscapedLunatic.com