• 4 replies

xwarrior

Taxation and expats in China
« on: January 21, 2012, 12:36:05 AM »
I posted this in the wrong place   bibibibibi

- the info is at

http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=7169.0
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:35:04 AM by xwarrior »
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Re: Taxation and expats in China
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:25:45 PM »
FYI - an american here said that you need to pay taxes back home. That must suck, has any US Citizen here ever been through the process of paying taxes while living abroad (teaching english abroad?)

Crippler

• Dangerous place to post
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
If you only earn money in China and you do not spend over 30 days a year in USA then you can over 90K USD per year tax free. I file every year and pay zero taxes. In fact two years of the nine I still received money back. Go figure.

Borkya

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 01:18:02 AM »
FYI - an american here said that you need to pay taxes back home. That must suck, has any US Citizen here ever been through the process of paying taxes while living abroad (teaching english abroad?)

Yeah, u have to file, but unless you make over $90,000us dollars then you don't actually pay any taxes on it.

Actually, as someone doing their taxes right now, I'm surprised the US gov't is so lax about it. You don't need any "proof" of your income, like some official form or anything, you jjust write it in (and handle the exchange rate yourself.)It just seems surprisingly relaxed for the US.

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 04:50:05 AM »
El Macho  -->  That is excellent advice for people getting married and wanting to move back to the states or other countries eventually.   bjbjbjbjbj bjbjbjbjbj

I think this advice should be added to the thread/section on getting married so it is not lost over time.  This advice could be a life-saver to some other people.  agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.