Changsha cruising

• 15 replies

woza

Re: Changsha cruising
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 10:05:14 PM »
Members of this forum, I can not stress enough.  The Lotus is the best travelling companion.  We had a great time and I am looking forward to our holiday to T and the silk road for a month.
Coming back to Dongguan was not as comfortable as going to Yue Yang.  The sleeping bus turned out to be upright seats.  Bugger asasasasas
The bus broke down several times due to radiator problems I think.   Then later on, as I was nodding off, all hell broke loose, smoke coming from the back of the bus.  Get off the bus fire fire. I was second last off the bus as I looked for my shoes, the last guy was getting his laptop together but before we could alight, we were told to get back on the bus.  Everything was OK.  My fellow passengers were joking about the foreigner not understanding Chinese and would have burnt to death.  Or maybe not.  I thought the evacuation of the bus was very orderly.   I explained that I did understand and gave bomb sounds and body language, my fellow travellers loved that.
So we arrive in Dongguan but the bus driver is lostand unlike western men he readily admits that and asks all and sundry directions.  This is 3am and I think the locals are having a bit of fun and send him off in all directions.
I sort of knew where to go and was thinking about giving directions myself but I wasn't sure and wanted to see how this would pan out.  I have a lot of respect for the transportation system in China.
We found the location and then I got a taxi and I gave the address, we went the wrong way and when he realized he was wrong, refunded the difference, nice guy .
As some idiot said "it is not the destination but the journey"  Obviously never travelled during the holidays in China.
Overall, I had a wonderful time and have come back with great memories, especially at the first wedding.