University Teaching Job in WUHAN, HUBEI

• 1 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
University Teaching Job in WUHAN, HUBEI
« on: May 20, 2008, 03:47:33 AM »
Thanks to Adamsmith for sending us this one.
I've also gotten a review for this school that seems quite glowing...both behaviorally and...gasp!...academically! aoaoaoaoao

The salary pretty much sucks (although it is, unfortunately, still pretty standard for Chinese Uni jobs), but otherwise it sounds fine...for the mainstream college classes. An opening in a foundation program should be paying considerably more. IMPO.
I don't see a paid residence permit in the ad, so be sure to ask.

You can PM Adam for more details, or the contact below for questions and application.

English Teacher   

Vacancy:    15
Teachers or Experts:    Both
Language:    English
Education:    Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree; TEFLor TOSEL certificate
Major:    Education,Language & Literature,business background
Working Experience:    One year
Workload:    16 basic class hours per week
Monthly Pay:    3500-4000RMB per month
Available Date Expected:    2008-9-1
Time of Contract:    Half year,One year
Courses:    English(listening,speaking,reading,writing); Accounting; Marketing
Airfare:    Negotiation
Travel Allowance(RMB)    2200RMB/year
Monthly Tel Allowance (RMB):    Local call is provided for free.
Meals:    Cooling utensils provided
Boarding Place:    On Campus
Comments and Suggestions:    Extra work: 70 RMB per period. Accommodations: On campus, one well-furnished apartment with one bed-room and one reading-room, a kitchen and a bathroom (TV, computer, refrigerator, air-conditioner, heater, electricity stove, drinking water, internet access and other necessary facilities all provided). All the legal holidays of China Travel:Once a year (Organized by our school) Starting time: September 2008
Fax:           +86-27-87611563
Email:           sprinkle81@126.com
Address:   No.1 Textile Rd, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430073 Hubei, P.R.China
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: University Teaching Job in WUHAN, HUBEI
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »
I have received the following comment on this job ad, from a member with experience in the Wuhan area. I am posting here for them anonymously...

Yo!

The job posting you put up for the University in Wuhan? That salary is LOW! if I am saying something about the salary being too low, then you know its right. 

No one in Hubei should be accepting a starting salary of below 4,000RMB in the smaller cities. That is the starting salary right now.  Wuhan and Yichang on the other hand, starting salary should be 6,000 or 5,000 respectfully.
Average starting salary of teachers in Wuhan 5,500 to 6,000.
<I'm assuming this is for equal schedule loads. -R>
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Re: University Teaching Job in WUHAN, HUBEI
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 06:04:27 AM »
I totally agree.  Wuhan isn't the highest paying city in China but that salary blows for anywhere.  That is really low even for Wuhan, you should be making at least 5k.  No way would I take that.  4k is a maybe if you are living in some sticks town like Huanggang or Xiantao.  Even then, those schools are usually hard up and will pay a premium.  Yuck though, really.
Trevor