The Teachers' Lounge > Teacher's Tips (ON-TOPIC)

I need help!

(1/3) > >>

babala:
Lately at my school we have been taking on some short term contracts with various companies. With these contracts, I am not teaching the standard material provided by the school but instead coming up with my own lesson plans to suit that company's needs. Some may have seen my hotel thread. Now I have a new contract with a bank. They are interested in me teaching them all about the B-share market and the stock market. This is an area that I am not familiar with. Can anyone point me to an ESL website that may have materials or worksheets? Does anyone have any advice on this?

Eagle:
Hi Babala.  Sorry, but I don't have the info you need.  I just wanted to wish you good luck with the project.

gonzo:
I doubt such a site exists [hope someone can prove me wrong though]. You're better doing a search for basic info on these two topics. China Daily and Shanghai Daily run business sections, as does Beijing Weekly, all of which I found handy when teaching Foreign Trade students.
The best business English site I've come across covers lots of stuff, but not that.
http://esl.about.com/od/englishforbusinesswork/English_for_Business_Work_and_other_Special_Purposes.htm

What IS good fun is to set up teams, give them monopoly money [or small Chinese bank notes-same thing] and get them to become investor groups working the Shanghai bourse. They have to write weekly reports, statements to shareholders etc. See the capitalist heart beating within these tiny breasts!

George:

--- Quote ---See the capitalist heart beating within these tiny breasts!
--- End quote ---
How do you know they will be female students??

gonzo:
Umm, two things.
One, I didn't want to identify myself as a MCP.
Two, you obviously need to get more personal with some Chinese ladies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version