Info Request: NCUT-Beijing-Shijingshan area

• 2 replies

old34

Info Request: NCUT-Beijing-Shijingshan area
« on: June 28, 2007, 03:27:26 AM »
I'll be spending 5-10 days from July 20th onward at the China National University Baseball Tournament. This year it is in Beijing...centered at the North China University of Technology in the Shijingshan District.

In decreasing order importance:

1. Anyone teaching there who can give me the 411 on the campus and area?
2. Is there an on-campus hotel/foreign experts facility where I can book a room?
3. If not, anyone know of any reasonably priced hotels near NCUT.
4. I know Shijingshan District is out past the Fifth Ring Road...which was just a gleam in the city planners eyes when I was last in Beijing. Assuming we have morning games, how long will it take by subway or bus to get within the CBD in the early afternoon ?
5. Is there a Starbuck's anywhere in Shijingshan.
6. No, cancel the previous question.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Re: Info Request: NCUT-Beijing-Shijingshan area
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 06:07:26 AM »
 ahahahahah ahahahahah

Hey Old,

I'll leave this one to the experts. Cheekygal and Nolefan are you best be for information. They're our resident Beijing experts.

Over to you guys!
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Re: Info Request: NCUT-Beijing-Shijingshan area
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 01:59:49 PM »
I am not sure about Starbucks in that area. But they do have a lot of coffee shops
As for hotel on campus - you better contact the uni especially because you are going there and they should know about your arrival. We wouldn't know such information.
I have to check out where your Uni is cause it might be far from the Subway.
Will get back to you with this later.