I've finally arrived

• 22 replies
Re: I've finally arrived
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 02:33:52 AM »
Heheh, that's positive thinking about the staring and random hellos, etc.

I remember when I first got here it didn't bother me at all. It's after 7-8 months it started to really get on my nerves. With little children, I don't mind, and I'll smile and say hello back. Sometimes with older people I can just ignore it, but some days I would just want to flip out and yell profanity at them. Especially when it's a bunch of obnoxious teenage boys.

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 06:34:01 AM »
good luck, and don't worry about pitching to the wrong level on your first day, first class is all about sussing them out

though the first semester is tough, it does get easier after that!
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 07:22:06 AM »
i was complaining about it to my friend today and some dick on a scooter rides past and says hello

i don't get it

trying to be nice or be a dick?

why just shout it from your scooter?

Borkya

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 01:21:59 PM »
why just shout it from your scooter?

I love when I'm riding a bike and someone on a scooter zooms up to me and just stays at the same speed with the driver staring at me. What I love even more is when there are two people on the scooter and they just stare at me for a few blocks while blatantly talking about me. Yeah, that is great.  kkkkkkkkkk

Dex

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 02:22:07 PM »
Often, those who stare say 'laowai' to which I would usually repeat the word 'laowai' and point at myself with a slight smirk (as if to say 'oh yeah, you're right, how amazing... I'm a foreigner, so what?!').

After that, they'd always embarrassingly laugh knowing they'd been rumbled. A slight gleem of satisfaction regarding an annoying habit of the Chinese (by our standards) that let them know they'd been rumbled using a humorous tactic. Made me feel better, anyway.
Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 02:33:13 AM »
My boyfriend's funniest moment was the Chinese girl riding on her bike while staring AND picking her nose... WELCOME! China's just intrigued by your LOVELY presence. A lot of Chinese always say lovely...  ahahahahah

ITBOY001

• i work in ShenZhen,,and my home is in ShangHai
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 04:20:16 AM »
hello,all

George

• My view of China
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 10:30:50 AM »
Hello IT. agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/