• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Drinking
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
Not so far.  jjjjjjjjjj

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 02:48:23 PM »
One thing many foreigners do here that most Chinese don't is drink without ganbei-ing. If you are in a banquet situation, ganbei everytime you want to take a sip. It doesn't have to be the whole glass. The ganbei-er controls the amount. Be more aggressive and put a few of them under the table. If there are a few foreigners at the banquet, gang up on somebody like the FAO. Don't pick on the headmaster or party secretary unless you know it's ok but the FAO will HAVE to drink because his bosses are there. It's great fun to watch their face turn bright red and nearly explode. If it's lunch time and you are worried about classes in the afternoon, get the whole English department ripped.

Make them drink on your schedule not theirs.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 05:11:03 AM »
You know, I don't give a sh*t if I lose face.  I guess this way, I don't lose face - you know, no fear!

Word up, brutha!  agagagagag

PS this makes post 500 - halfway there!
The hard half.

Remember also that drinking patterns are harder core in small towns.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 08:54:12 AM »
The Chinese have a saying: "Foreigners have no face". (the social pecking-order kind...)
So, what the hell... jjjjjjjjjj cccccccccc
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
We don't? But...hey...that gives foreigners carte blanche do be naughty, spit on the street, smoke wherever they want, shout loudly in restaurants...oh wait...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 04:09:36 AM »
I keep looking in the mirror, and I definitely have a face...  amamamamam
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 11:28:25 AM »
i had fun the other night!

there were these 3 cute IT guys from the main office and we got really close..it was there last night the otehr night so they invited me and my other girlfriend to theri hotel and we had a drinik..twas the first after a long time of not drinking and i really hate hard liqours! bibibibibi
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

George

• My view of China
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 12:38:40 PM »
I hope you behaved yourself!! afafafafaf afafafafaf
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/