Shaving (guys and girls)

• 25 replies
Re: Shaving (guys and girls)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 02:09:53 AM »
I went to a hippie grad school before moving to China...hairy armpits and legs didn't surprise me.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 07:57:49 AM »
I live in USAnia during the hay days of Lilith fair when it was all about armpit hair and stinky rebellion ( I mean that in the nicest possible way) and kinda got over it then and there... when I moved to China in '04, I didn't even notice it! That said, for as long as I have been here, I've never dated a local lady so I've never had to deal with the issue on a personal up-close basis....

that said, it's not as common in Beijing as it is in other areas I've visited/lived in
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 03:52:59 PM »
When I was at a medical college, I was teaching the nurses. A fair number of them were trimmed in summer.

With some of the girls I've dated, about a third trimmed the privates
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
Ok so do you think other chinese men are impressed by little chinese pube moustaches?

I have student/ friend who I am helping to prepare for a competition tomorrow. i wanna tell him to shave but I am unsure if I should

Ruth

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
Perhaps you could ask him why he has one and what it means to him.  Then you could ask him what he thinks other Chinese people think about facial hair.  Once you understand his perspective you are better informed about whether or not to offer your opinion.

I spent a whole semester teaching my public speaking students not to say "thank you for listening" at the end of their speeches, only to find out that the Chinese judges are actually looking for this. It's a cultural difference.  You've got to figure out the cultural context before offering your cultural perspective, I think.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 08:36:11 PM »
Tell him to just shave the damn stupid looking thing off and to wait a few years before trying again.
The future's so bright i gotta wear shades

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »
I kina think I'd enjoy & surely wouldn't turn away from seeing a frilly dressed in high heel shoes with hairy armpits girl making armpit farts  bfbfbfbfbf
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 04:32:44 AM »
For some Chinese women, the armpit hair is their biggest visual proof they she's a big girl now.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 08:23:27 PM »
You need to check for hair a bit lower down.  afafafafaf
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »

You need to check for hair a bit lower down.  afafafafaf

Hobbits?

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 11:41:23 PM »
"Toes", she said huskily. "I just loved curly-haired toes. I'll do anything for curly haired toes" Then she bent down closer and whispered in his ear. "If only you give me the ring"