Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 08:28:50 PM »
Watching season 2 of Rome this week.  Whatta story!  And now with two extra scoops of doity sex... afafafafaf afafafafaf
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
The Curse of the Golden Flower = wasn't that impressed. Incredible sets and scenery, as we've come to expect, but a few plot holes left the story "wanting".
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »
Oh and Spaceballs.... fall off your seat funny. If you can find it, definitely don't pass it up.

"Ah buckle this. Ludicrous speed. Go!"
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Mimi

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 10:15:15 PM »
I think I missed the Lost ship.  Didn't watch it at first, and I've now heard so many opinions about it and second-hand plot recaps, I don't think I would enjoy it.

I still love House and am hoping the current melodramatic plots are a phase.  Does anyone watch The Office?  It definitely fills the hole that Arrested Development left re: smart, funny shows that are nothing like the typical sitcom stink.

Also, anyone using bittorrents should try to get episodes of the live action Sailor Moon show, it is a scream.  Have a few beers, put it on, and you will definitely, definitely laugh.

woza

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 05:13:04 PM »
Con I loved the Rome series.  It got bagged by the critics, hey but what would they know.
Yesterday I watched an amazing doco, Deliver us from Evil.  It deals with child abuse among the clergy.   The critics loved it.

Vegemite

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 05:19:30 PM »
Finally got to see episode one of the first series of 'Prison Break'...mamahuhu. I'll watch a few more to see if I get into it but it certainly didn't grab me.

And like Mimi, I also missed the 'Lost' boat. And now I've heard too much about it to want to see it. Daughter enjoys it though.

What I feel like watching right now is a bit of gratuitous, gung-ho, aggro, pistol whipping, up-you, good guy-bad guy tv or even a movie. Something along the lines of 'Bourne Supremacy' or '24' would be good. Any recommendations?

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 05:44:01 PM »

What I feel like watching right now is a bit of gratuitous, gung-ho, aggro, pistol whipping, up-you, good guy-bad guy tv or even a movie. Something along the lines of 'Bourne Supremacy' or '24' would be good. Any recommendations?

Try 'The Shield'

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2007, 06:41:44 PM »
That's what I've been telling her but does she listen? bibibibibi
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2007, 07:30:40 PM »
Woza, the critics are idiots.

Watched the Colours movie trilogy (blue, white and red) yesterday and absolutely loved them.  La Reigne Margot (still another half hour left) is well worth the 7 kwai.

Ghost Rider was a little disappointing, even with my expectations low.  Looks great, but it's kinda dumb.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2007, 09:30:47 PM »
NUMBERS is GOOD! I am on the 2nd season.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 09:35:07 PM »
The British "Office" was really good.  Knock-offs don't seem to do it for me. I'm into Law and Order at the moment.  Will then (hopefully) get back to finishing X-Files.  But I ahve a few more series to catch up on, as well as 24 and Heroes on my computer.  And the latest bits of Desperate Housewives, Prison Break and Lost.

Where does my time go??

Vegemite

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2007, 02:35:16 AM »
Daughter and I watched '28 Weeks Later' and both of us thought it wasn't half as good as '28 Days Later' - 'twas a disappointment.

For the weekend we have Pirates 3.

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 04:59:09 AM »
I've heard from some people that it was actually better than 28 Days later...

Hey I watched a v.good Kiwi film the other day, In My Father's Den.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 05:02:47 PM »
Daughter and I watched '28 Weeks Later' and both of us thought it wasn't half as good as '28 Days Later' - 'twas a disappointment.

I agree. I've just watched it myself and felt it was a bit .... slapped together. Not a fan.

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »
Shrek the Third.

I wasn't impressed. But continued to watch it out of curiosity I guess.