Guns

• 270 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Guns
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »
The US has it's own culture and it has to looked at in a vacuum for that discussion.

The gun debate got very quiet today when representatives of both sides agreed to hold talks in a vacuum.  Only later did someone suggest that the representatives probably should have worn space suits. ahahahahah

That said, it's interesting that with most difficult problems of society, liberal people generally talk about education being the key to change, however with this issue, they are quick to say "make a law".

Too bad we can't make a law requiring education.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

A-Train

« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2013, 12:57:40 AM »

So for all the talk about gun ownership leading to a higher murder rate is hogwash.  People who want to murder somebody will use whatever means or whatever weapon is available.

You can't compare Honduras and the US based only on this... using another country with different economics, culture, population density, etc as the example is not useful.

I would think the Australian example would be a far more relevant comparison than Honduras. And that would not help the pro-gun argument. And where does the U.S. rank in the formerly-categorized First World countries.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2013, 02:42:16 PM »
Australia isn't a good comparison.  So much space and so few people.  Fire a gun randomly and you're more likely to accidentally bag a kangaroo than hit a person. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2013, 03:53:56 AM »
On behalf of the Marsupial Equality League, I would like to complain and warn that, as we speak, several kangaroos have been negotiating for the acquisition of assault rifles. agagagagag

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

A-Train

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »
On behalf of the Marsupial Equality League, I would like to complain and warn that, as we speak, several kangaroos have been negotiating for the acquisition of assault rifles.

Good for them.  As Paul Rodriguez said, "It's not a sport if the other side doesn't know it's in a game".
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2013, 02:31:32 PM »
On behalf of the Marsupial Equality League, I would like to complain and warn that, as we speak, several kangaroos have been negotiating for the acquisition of assault rifles. agagagagag

AK47 now means Assault Kangaroo with 47 rounds
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2013, 11:47:32 AM »
In the late 60's and early 70's, "Roo" shooting was our main source of income as we battled droughts on the land with no Government assistance. I had part time work on a country Telephone Exchange and at night I went out shooting Kangaroos with my husband. Sometimes we skinned the roos and sometimes we were able to sell carcases. Sorry to get sidetracked here, but this discussion brought back so many memories. I hated killing the animals, but it came down to survival for us, which is something I hope my son never has to go through. alalalalal

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2013, 12:46:35 AM »
I was taught the basics of hunting as a kid, but never really got into it.  Eating a rabbit it one thing, but I never enjoyed the concept of blowing it away with a gun, disemboweling the corpse, and skinning the carcass.

There was this one tangerine tree.  It was a different variety from any of the others.  It was taller, and the tangerines were much larger and sweeter.  So many time's I'd be at the top of the ladder, leaning as far out as I could to pick a perfect one, only to have it collapse in my hand because one of ETR's relatives had hollowed it out from the other side.

It was a little wasteful not eating the squirrels, but I wasn't hunting for meat, I was defending the crops from pests. bababababa
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2013, 03:00:08 AM »

Home protection.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:58:14 PM by Calach Pfeffer »
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2013, 04:02:37 AM »
So you willingly admit, in public, to pre-meditated murder of several of my kinsmen, over annoyance of being denied a fruit, a fruit that grows on trees, which grows in nature, which is where squirrels live? I'm calling the forest lawyers... agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2013, 10:19:49 PM »
So you willingly admit, in public, to pre-meditated murder of several of my kinsmen, over annoyance of being denied a fruit, a fruit that grows on trees, which grows in nature, which is where squirrels live? I'm calling the forest lawyers... agagagagag

It wasn't murder.  It was open warfare over critical resources.  There was a whole grove of assorted citrus trees available, but your scruffy little kinfolk wouldn't stay out of the one tree I was defending.  Stern defensive measures had to be taken. bababababa

BTW - It was more than several. uuuuuuuuuu
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2013, 03:19:00 AM »
We had airguns when we were kids and we used to shoot at crows and rabbits (and each other, 3 brothers....)

For me it all stopped when I was about 7 and I actually shot a rabbit down. Because I had fatally wounded it my dad made me finish it off with my hands and that strangely put me off killing things breaking a beautiful little creatures neck to make sure it died slightly less painfully

« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »
I saw a couple of segments on TV about these plastic weapons that folks will be able to make with very little effort and cost after consulting the internet. The Australian Police have advised that the same laws will apply to these as apply to any other firearm. bfbfbfbfbf  agagagagag

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »
I saw a couple of segments on TV about these plastic weapons that folks will be able to make with very little effort and cost after consulting the internet. The Australian Police have advised that the same laws will apply to these as apply to any other firearm. bfbfbfbfbf  agagagagag

The next big leap in 3D printing technology will be the ability to recycle the plastic from one printed item and use it to make the next item.

Just print up a gun, get rid of that neighbor who won't stop annoying you, melt the gun down, print up some beer mugs, and invite the crime scene investigators in for a drink. Gets rid of the evidence and also saves you the effort of cleaning the gun. ahahahahah

EscapedLunatic.com

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2013, 04:31:30 AM »
An expat I just met in Guangzhou bought a not-so-awesome, but functional 3D printer for 5000 RMB. That's about $800 USD. 'Snice when technology trickles down finally.