I broke a fingernail - my life is falling to pieces!

• 6 replies

xwarrior

I broke a fingernail - my life is falling to pieces!
« on: September 05, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »
Actually, it is my thumbnail that suffered the damage but i am not going into a debate as to whether that counts as a finger.

To be honest it cannot even be described as 'damage' in that I did not even notice that it had happened until some time after the event.

And I suppose that in the normal course of events the part that is now missing would have been eliminated by my sporadic attempts at cutting my nails.

So what is the problem? The problem is that I now face a major challenge using my cell phone ... about the only way I can depress the keys is to hold it upside down and hope that the other side of the nail will make some form of contact.

I blame Nokia for this. In my experience Nokia is only surpassed by Motorola for uselessness. I only bought this phone because it was the cheapest way of getting to use city maps and a Chinese dictionary.

It did not take long to discover that my largish fingers and soft pads could not easily depress the keys. Two rims of metal around the keys also formed barriers to contact.

I solved the problem by growing my thumbnail longer and then cutting it to a shape that produced a satisfying response every time.Us left-handers are known as lateral thinkers!

The only problem is that although I write left handed I can only manipulate a cell phone with my right hand . . . and it is the right hand thumb nail that has broken.

:wtf:I now have some idea why some women go to pieces when they break a nail.

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Re: I broke a fingernail - my life is falling to pieces!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 01:55:54 AM »
A thumb is a finger. every digit has a name, Pinky, Ring, shove it up your ass  Middle, Index and Thumb. I have no idea what you call it if you have a sixth finger  mmmmmmmmmm

As for your broken nail

bibibibibi 

( ahahahahah)
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 03:09:17 AM »
Sorry you broke your nail.

Go buy yourself something frilly. I'm sure it'll make you feel better.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »
Sorry you broke your nail.

Go buy yourself something frilly. I'm sure it'll make you feel better.

Don't forget to break out a carton of Hagen Daz and call all the girls you know to get some sympathy.

Oh wait - you can't use your phone.  pppppppppp
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Borkya

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »
Don't forget to break out a carton of Hagen Daz and call all the girls you know to get some sympathy.

And Haagen dazs is waaay to expensive to use as a depression food.  ahahahahah

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 04:07:43 AM »

Hey! That's a great idea, I wish I'd have thought about that first.    afafafafaf

And I can use a phone   uuuuuuuuuu
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

fox

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 12:42:51 AM »
this life is full of trials and tribulations.  My current situation has a girl reminiscent of Glenn Close in fatal attraction hovering on my every move making me feel a bit edgy to say the least.

I would trade you your broken nail any time   mmmmmmmmmm
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.