« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2012, 02:44:36 PM »
lately I have mostly watching the following:

Game of Thrones
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
The Shield
The Killing (Danish Version)
Battlestar Gallactica
THe Walking Dead (this is pretty crappy, but still very watchable, like Prison Break)
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

Monkey King

Re: Tv
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
lately I have mostly watching the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-z5T8meC84

I recently discovered 'Archer', a kind of animated American-James-Bond spoof, it's very un-PC but also hilarious.  Season 1 is a bit weak but it gets better.

'Californication' with Agent Mulder is still going but getting a bit tired - the never-ending will-he-wont he thing with his ex-wife, meh.

'Finding Bigfoot' - I am a sucker for paranormal documentaries, but this should actually be called 'Not  Finding Bigfoot', interesting in places, mainly for the bizarre personalties of the 'stars'.

My guilty pleasure is 'The Dog Whisperer' that guy is pretty awesome and it's a very 'feel good' show.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:10:21 PM by MK »

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2012, 06:02:57 PM »
I should also add the following documentary websites:
http://www.snagfilms.com/ (this one needs you to change your VPN to an American IP)

http://documentarystorm.com/

(on the latter I've been watching a lot of Louis Theroux - my guilty pleasure)

两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
I still love Californication. The story is old but the dialogue is so amusing and David Duchovny was so perfectly cast that I wouldn't mind if they just dropped the love story altogether and just made it a half an hour of Hank and Runkle's antics.

Recently I've been watching a couple of British shows. Finally jumped on the Downton Abbey bandwagon and went through both seasons of that, then I watched another period drama, Call the Midwife, which I really enjoyed (as the name implies, it is about midwives, set in the 1950s). There's also a series, White Heat, which is currently running, that follows this group of friends from the 60s to present day.

Fozz, the second season of Game of Thrones just started. Did you catch it? I love that show. The Borgias is another one that is starting back up again really soon. The USA version of The Killing also just started its second season. The first season really pissed me off towards the end but I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt.

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2012, 07:38:01 PM »
This week's episode of Game of Thrones has been up for download several days now. Doesn't air until Sunday!   ababababab

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »
@LD -  you really should try to download the Danish version of the killing, with subtitles by BBC4, I'm not being pretentious here, it really is super-moody Scandinavian cool.

as for Game of Thrones, I frickin' LOVE IT. I'm re-watching series one in anticipation of series two, of which I already have episode 1 downloaded. Yay! 

Will try californication on for size.
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

AMonk

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2012, 11:07:48 PM »
... then I watched another period drama, Call the Midwife, which I really enjoyed (as the name implies, it is about midwives, set in the 1950s)....

This is based on a series of autobiographical books with similar names bfbfbfbfbf
Moderation....in most things...

fox

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »
Ch4.China.Triumph.and.Turmoil in three parts, seemed an unbiased look at the middle kingdom with some realistic expectations of what the future may hold.

Im british and its a british production so that may attribute to my unbiased feel. available at a torrent site near you.  agagagagag
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »
fox - where'd you download this doc from? I tried isohunt but no dice
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2012, 02:16:16 AM »
I've fallen very hard for a kind of new show from the States- "Once Upon a Time". BEAUTIFUL telling about all the fairy tale characters (mostly Disney) having a curse set upon them by the Evil Queen and they're all dumped in a modern American town. Snow White's daughter, 28 years later, is tracked down as the only saviour for all of them!

Twists & turns every week and amazing how the Evil Queen and Rumplestiltskin somehow ends up interwoven in everyones former (and current) lives! Love love love!!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2012, 02:59:29 AM »
It certainly helps that Robert Carlyle is Rumplestiltskin

fox

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »
fox - where'd you download this doc from? I tried isohunt but no dice

http://torrentz.eu/02a0b0bf18203bce77426156740b8f4d0b7404f1

you will get links from torrentz.eu  for the other 2 too.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
thanks!
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2012, 06:06:30 PM »
Oh yeah,
The mention of The Borgias brought to mind a couple of good ones from a few years back:
Deadwood
Rome

Rin

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
http://www.thepirateschest.net/tv-shows-bittorrent/ I use this torrent site for TV shows, they have a great selection and update weekly.
Right now, I'd recommend Fringe, Grimm, Vampire diaries and Alcatraz!