UK Immigration Laws

• 11 replies
UK Immigration Laws
« on: May 14, 2014, 03:11:03 PM »
A friend of mine has recently looked into returning to the UK with her Chinese spouse.  She was shocked to find out that since 2012 there had been a change to immigration law that meant that UK citizens have to prove that they can provide for their spouse without having to claim any benefits.

So now UK citizens have to return to the UK first and get a job earning at least 18600quid a year(more if they have kids).  They can then apply for their spouse to join them after working for 6 months.  The application can take upto another 6 months to be granted.  UK immigration is currently going through all applications to find any reason to refuse applications because they want to keep immigration numbers down for the upcoming election.

Re: UK Immigration Laws
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »
In a past life I spent six months as an "educational consultant" in London setting up private colleges for people.  Then the absurdity of what I was doing became too much for me and I went back into the public sector.

I could run rings round the UKBA though.  They are terrible at every aspect of their job. 

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:43:12 PM »
it took me 6 months to get the wifes visa extended, you had to wait 6 months before complaining.
it does say that if you have around £60000 in cash, thats acceptable too.

if she isnt already in UK, yes thats a little harder.

now the UKBA is gone, it could be all change again....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:58:42 PM by English Gent »

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:16:40 AM »
So many families have been split up because of this law

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:46:44 PM »
I just applied for my wife's 'family visit' visa.

We want to go back to the UK with my son for 3 weeks this Summer, so he and my wife can meet my family in England for the first time.

I'm worried they'll refuse it because my family in the UK isn't very well off and because my wife hasn't had a job for the past couple of years (she's been at home taking care of little AJR).

Surely they couldn't refuse my UK family the chance to meet my little boy? It'd take a an icy heart to deny us right?

What bobrage says about their incompetence worries me, because I'm worried they won't recognise a legitimate application when they see one.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 06:33:46 AM »
I have my fingers crossed for you. 

Last time I applied for my wife's visa, I booked the air tickets in advance and sent copies with the application to show our return date.  My wife hasn't had a job in 5 years and seems to get the family visit visa OK.   

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »
a family visit/tourist visa is no problem....
in addition, if your named on the kids birth certificate, the UK technically has to uphold your human right to a 'family life', so in effect, MUST allow entry and stay.
That's the route I'm going to take in case all else fails in the future.....

once you have the first '2 year limited leave to remain' and id card, the renewals should be a simple formality as your on the system as legal. The first is the hardest, tho this is only my thoughts, im no authority! we have had two now, but were married in uk and have securities there.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 03:53:48 AM »
SHE GOT THE VISA!!!!

WE'RE GOING TO ENGLAND!!!

agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

AMonk

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »
 axaxaxaxax :banana: :candyraver: :dancemj: :dancemj: :candyraver: :banana: :whorship: axaxaxaxax ajajajajaj

p.s. bfbfbfbfbf
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 04:35:57 PM »
Congrats!!!! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 03:19:59 PM »
Thanks guys... very happy.

AMonk

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »
As per the OP, the Law has now been decided kkkkkkkkkk Not all happy news in the least :wtf:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-28267305
Moderation....in most things...