Bringing family into China

• 8 replies

Tree

• This personal text is false.
Bringing family into China
« on: April 03, 2013, 11:50:08 AM »
Hello all,

Newbie here. I've done a few searches for this topic but not come up with anything. I'm currently married and thinking about finding a Uni job. What type of permit will she be able to obtain, if any? Thoughts, experiences, perhaps links to this topic elsewhere due to a failure of Google-Fu?

agagagagag
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

Re: Bringing family into China
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »
We have a section called:  The Love, Marriage and Family Board (ON-TOPIC)   http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?board=40.0

There are some questions and answers there that could help you.   bjbjbjbjbj

We also have topics about bringing children to China from the USA and other countries. 

Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »
Spouse and kids can usually be arranged.  If you want to bring other relatives, it's a little more complicated. (By which I mean, "It's a LOT more complicated.)

A lot will depend on how many children, what spouse plans to do, etc.  Some is covered in threads in Love, Marriage, and Family, but if your situation is wildly different, then we'll have to break some new ground.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »
Kind of difficult to answer such a question. China is a country of rules upon rules with exceptions, an absolute morass of mind-numbing bureaucracy that even the locals cannot understand. In order to answer you in a form that is helpful, you need to tell us things, like nationality, age, education, number of children, work experience etc. Put it this way, if your spouse has a college degree, is fluent in English and preferably have some sort of work experience, she can easily get a Z visa. If not, I do believe she can get a visa as your dependent but she would not be allowed to work. However, the rules are strange and muddled.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »
Your wife and kids, like others have said, can very easily get a visa which permits them to accompany you, provided your school can legally arrange it (any uni, legit training center, or public secondary school should not have an issue). My parents live here and my mom is actually on a school provided residence permit while my dad is on a dependent's RP.

I'm going to move this to the marriage and family board so that members with experience specific to yours can chime in.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:46:23 PM »
Wow.  Didn't know I could use my res permit to import my parents. mmmmmmmmmm

Then again, keeping my in-laws in another province and her in-laws on the other side of the planet does a lot to help insure a harmonious marriage. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:07:17 PM »
My parents aren't on my residence permit, I should clarify. My mom has a job with a residence permit, and my dad is on a dependent's permit provided by her job (not mine).

However, my mom wants to retire soon and we did find out that my husband can sponsor them for residence permits IF they are over 60, have no one willing to look after them back in America, and we can prove a stable income. Interesting eh?

Tree

• This personal text is false.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 04:23:25 AM »
My parents aren't on my residence permit, I should clarify. My mom has a job with a residence permit, and my dad is on a dependent's permit provided by her job (not mine).

However, my mom wants to retire soon and we did find out that my husband can sponsor them for residence permits IF they are over 60, have no one willing to look after them back in America, and we can prove a stable income. Interesting eh?

Thanks for moving this TLD.

I believe the answer to my question lies in the quoted post. My wife currently holds American citizenship, although she is considering applying for dual American-Korean as that became an option recently. She's experienced in accounts receivable [she threatens corporations for a living  aoaoaoaoao], but she probably won't work, and once I get settled probably force her to finish her degree.

Current goal: trawling websites for jobs. Wish me luck!
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 05:28:16 AM »
Tree, if you post what cities you're considering, you'll probably get a lot of specific suggestions and info. I've only been here a couple of weeks, but I read a lot of such threads.