Employment Oppurtunities in Beijing

• 0 replies
Employment Oppurtunities in Beijing
« on: May 25, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
Hey guys! First off, let me just say that I love what you're doing here. As a recent college graduate (as of one week ago) looking to move to China, this site has just been a boon of useful information, and for that you have my thanks. Keep on fighting the good fight for us naive first-timers!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any info on solid programs in Beijing. I have zero teaching experience and am not asking for much; having read my share of horror stories here and elsewhere, I'd be content with any program that pays a decent wage, honors their contracts, and won't turn me into an indentured servant upon my arrival. Age of students isn't really a factor - I'd prefer younger students, having heard that past a certain age they tend to turn into a bunch of spoiled "xiao huangdi" - but I'm not picky. I've found a wealth of information on recruiters, (although I understand from scanning this site that they are best avoided if possible), and seem to have found a few western-based companies which seem legit (Footprints, Reach to Teach, Russell Recruiting, and Allestra). I have yet to find information on any recommended schools in Beijing, however, and the whole idea of applying directly to the school still confuses me. So if anyone knows of a good program, or could at least point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Oh, and one more question: I lived in Beijing for six months last year, studying and travelling, and speak fairly decent Mandarin. Would my language skills and previous experience in China positively affect my marketability at all?  agagagagag