• 21 replies

BrandeX

Re: WeChat FAQ
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:01:10 PM by BrandeX »

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 06:50:49 PM »
So whats the process for adding a bank card? (And do you have to add security to your phone when you do, like lockscreens or whatever?)
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »
Also, does WeChat offer any kind of encryption?

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 07:28:59 PM »
I have found WeChat wallet to be extremely useful for transferring money between accounts. I have two Chinese bank accounts and if I want to get money between them, I just charge up my WeChat account with money from one account and then withdraw it to another account. I also use it for paying friends who also have WeChat wallet, if I've borrowed money or need to loan someone money or somesuch, the wallet is very convenient.

You can also book train/plane tickets using it. And yeah, sending/recieving Hong Bao is always fun. 

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 07:48:46 PM »
Just recently I had a class suddenly zoom right up the over-excited meter. The students on one side of the room clustered around their phones cheering and groaning and oh-ing at unexpected but increasingly frequent intervals. It was like the zombie strikes in that Brad Pitt movie. One person gets struck, then the people next to them go down, then the whole room's lost. They were doing rounds of some in-class Lucky Money thing.

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 07:27:47 PM »
What happens to your Wechat id if your phone number changes or is cancelled?

Presently, I'm having issues with China Mobile. They want some damn thing and the local representative in her tiny cubicle says I have to go downtown and see the main office. As a practical matter, I have no SMS, data, nor phone calls until I do make that bold journey into the unknown. But meanwhile, Wechat still works. I'm wondering, what if I abandoned the phone company altogether? As long as I'm in a wifi zone I can do messaging and the video calling functionality allows for voice only, so.....

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 11:41:15 AM »
And for what it's worth, probably not much, KFC online delivery accepts WeChat payments.

Now that my friend, is priceless.  Those eleven secret herbs and spices delivered hot and easy to your door, beyond gold I say.