Great FREE Registry Cleaner/System Optimizer!

• 24 replies

Paul

Re: Great FREE Registry Cleaner/System Optimizer!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 05:23:53 AM »
What's it for? XP or 7?  For XP, Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is excellent.  For 7, you shouldn't need one.

xwarrior

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
What's it for? XP or 7?  For XP, Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is excellent.  For 7, you shouldn't need one.

It does not matter what you are using - I have Vista.

I am usually living in places where the computer guys cannot speak English and the English speaking guys cannot sort out a computer problem. I rely on ASC to keep my system running without problems.

ASC does a hell of a lot more than clean the registry. It is worth downloading and running just to find out what it can do for your computer.   

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
Ditto...ASC does a lot. In combination with AVG, they've kept my computer squeaky clean for years now...even in China.

I run Win 7, and ASC cleans TONS of stuff out of my registry. I recommend it regardless of which Windows you have! bfbfbfbfbf
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 02:56:04 AM »
man all this talk is making me hungry!

I'll have to download a copy and see for myself!
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

Foscolo

• Boom boom!
    • ELTpublishing
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 02:21:21 AM »
Just renewed my Pro license, and then shortly found I could have got a license for three computers for just a couple of bucks more. Mrs Foscolo also has the pro version, so that was couple of extra beers for Iobit I didn't need to buy. Never mind - it's hardly expensive. But it's worth checking the latest offers on their website before renewing.

The extra apps in the 'toolbox' section are worth investigating. In particular there's a an uninstaller which uninstalls unwanted programs 100% rather than leaving a few files around the place which could, perhaps, interfere with the smooth running of your computer later on.
Free stuff for teaching English with jokes: ESLjokes.net.

Paul

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 05:36:58 AM »
One of the nicest things about living in China is that all software is free   bjbjbjbjbj

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »

One of the nicest things about living in China is that all software is free   bjbjbjbjbj

t's not free. It's easy to pirate.

Borkya

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »

ha ha, small distinction, but indeed an important one.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13:41 PM »
Meanwhile, the perfectly good basic versions of ASC (and AVG) are free everywhere, anyway.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Paul

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 02:01:49 AM »

ha ha, small distinction, but indeed an important one.

Well, they are completely different things.  Some things that are pirated are free, and some you have to pay for (DVDs on the street, for example).

You may have to pay for pirated software or you may get it free.  The latter has been my experience in China, although I know of a couple of people who have had to pay (not much) for pirated software.