So much to be thankful for.

• 12 replies

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
So much to be thankful for.
« on: July 18, 2012, 02:23:04 AM »
A week ago my son was born healthy, happy, and not looking to much like his father.   ahahahahah A week ago to the minute I wasn't sure if I'd be able to hug my wife again. A few hours after she gave birth via c section she continued to bleed but at a much higher rate than was normal. Her nurse trained spidey sense kicked in and knew something was up. She called a doctor and they whisked her away. Over the next few hours they gave her 3 units of blood and started her on clotting meds. The whole time we were told ( at her request I later learned) that nothing was wrong and that everything was ok. I know I ain't the sharpest tack in the box but I along with her brother started to get a sense that this was bullshit. To make a long story short she was on clotters for a couple days and although quite weak for a few days she recovered well enough to help bring Rhys home on Sunday and even carry him up a couple flights to our apartment.
Scary as fuck but all's well that ends well. They're both home and doing great. I am truly thankful for all I have. I'm gonna go hug and kiss them both now and be glad that I can.

Re: So much to be thankful for.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:31:42 AM »
That must have been scary! Glad your wife is ok! Pretty amazing that she's able to carry the baby up the stairs a week after a c-section, strong lady you have there!

Congrats on Rhys' homecoming!

babala

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 03:06:30 AM »
I'm glad she is fine and that everything worked out okay. It's nice to hear a happy ending hospital story for once.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:18 AM »
That must have been scary! Glad your wife is ok! Pretty amazing that she's able to carry the baby up the stairs a week after a c-section, strong lady you have there!

Congrats on Rhys' homecoming!
We shared the carrying. Didn't want her to strain too much. She's stronger than I'll ever be. haha

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:27 AM »
So very glad everything worked out ok  agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

AMonk

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 05:08:09 AM »

WOW!! aoaoaoaoao and WooHoo bfbfbfbfbf  Welcome home agagagagag to the whole Fan-Family akakakakak
Moderation....in most things...

NATO

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 05:25:44 AM »
Well done and congratulations, sounds like it wasn't easy. Now it's time to say goodbye to the next 18 years of your life

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »
It gives a whole new meaning to the word "Mum" doesn't it?  Glad things are going well now psd4fan. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
Sorry you had to go through that.

Man, seeing my wife post-c section was scary. She was moaning and rocking, bleeding a lot and speaking in whispers. She was a pale shadow of the strong woman she usually is and it was scary. For about 4 hours my unadulterated joy at seeing my son was tempered by worry for my good lady. Thoughts about what the hell I would do without her were flashing in my mind all that time, then she woke up at one point and smiled at me... and I knew she was OK. The best part was seeing her cuddle my son for the first time the next day after the pain subsided!

Anyway, congrats again man. I hope you are getting as much joy as I am from being a father  bfbfbfbfbf

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »
Sorry you had to go through that.

Man, seeing my wife post-c section was scary. She was moaning and rocking, bleeding a lot and speaking in whispers. She was a pale shadow of the strong woman she usually is and it was scary. For about 4 hours my unadulterated joy at seeing my son was tempered by worry for my good lady. Thoughts about what the hell I would do without her were flashing in my mind all that time, then she woke up at one point and smiled at me... and I knew she was OK. The best part was seeing her cuddle my son for the first time the next day after the pain subsided!

Anyway, congrats again man. I hope you are getting as much joy as I am from being a father  bfbfbfbfbf
Your feelings sound like mine exactly. I am loving it so far.

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 02:16:17 AM »
Aww all this brand-new fatherhood is giving me warm fuzzies. Enjoy the newborn stage guys, it goes by very quickly and it is a very very sweet time in your new life as a family.

Ruth

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 04:32:40 AM »
Congratulations Arnold and psdfan. What TLD said about the warm fuzzies. It's really great to hear guys talking like this about their new babies. Thanks for sharing and best wishes for your new families.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 02:03:43 PM »
Congratulations Arnold and psdfan. What TLD said about the warm fuzzies. It's really great to hear guys talking like this about their new babies. Thanks for sharing and best wishes for your new families.

Thanks Ruth :)