Pop-ups

• 3 replies
Pop-ups
« on: August 12, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
Hi board members,is there a way to get the pop-ups & stuff to be in English only? Some of them are mixed language and after 1/2 bottle (or so)of baiju (that's the expensive 8-kwai stuff)it's hard to focus and apart from that, understand what the feck is going on.It's been raining here in Jiujiang for 3 days so---does the wet weather mess up the computers? Apart from technical gliches China totally rocks!!!Jimbo signing out for now.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: Pop-ups
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »
If you are talking about pop-ups in your browser, you can use a pop-up blocker to mostly eliminate them.

As far as I know, water has no effect on electronics what-so-ever. China is a dusty place and you should really clean your computer regularly to keep it in tip-top shape.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
Great photo! I now have my tudou (usually good) blocked with a "Adobe flash player" pop-up with only Chinese options.That's what makes it so hard to get rid of.My computer is clean,Chinese dust is not an issue on day 4 of rain!

JShep

• The States - An Informative and Satirical Guide to the United States of America
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »
Advertising is often based on region. Try using a VPN based in your country of origin.