RIP "Doc" Neeson

• 2 replies
RIP "Doc" Neeson
« on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »
I must be getting old, singers from my youth keep dying. Bernard "Doc" Neeson, singer and, as I recall, bass player, for The Angels, popped his clogs today.

Their first single:
The Angels - Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

rattie

Re: RIP "Doc" Neeson
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 04:19:59 AM »
Hey Calach, I just got an email from home from my old mate about Doc. It's sad.
All our shared memories of grotty little pubs in Melbourne's suburbs back in those days when live music made Melbourne a remarkable place to be in the 70's and 80's.

I have the comfort of that particular friend of 38 years standing, who recalls clearly the rather lovely audience response to Am I Ever Going to See your Face Again, and shouting it with me, at6 The Corner in Richmond is coming to Anhui in 3 weeks to visit!! Two middle aged Melbourne pub rockers making the most of it. His wife has given him a leave pass for  a few weeks

Doc Neeson, thankyou for giving so many of us Aussie kids a bucket load of shared memories. RIP.
Rx

Re: RIP "Doc" Neeson
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 04:15:41 PM »
I was actually too young to see The Angels in local pubs.  By the time I was heading out at night time, local music was more like The Mark of Cain. It must have been Countdown and fm radio (and probably school formals) that introduced me to them. Seems to me, Doc Neeson used to appear on tv sometimes too. A gaunt and ragged fellow, but charismatic.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0