Marbury to play in CBA

• 3 replies
Marbury to play in CBA
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:19:16 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/19/sports/basketball/19marbury.html?ref=basketball

NBA All-Star to Taiyuan, one of the worst reversals I can think of.

old34

Re: Marbury to play in CBA
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »
He'll sell lots of his Starbury brand shoes in Taiyuan. How many "Shanxi Zhongyu Brave Dragons" jerseys will he sell back home? ahahahahah
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:08:45 PM »
I smell a sitcom.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

old34

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 05:32:31 AM »
I smell a sitcom.

Could be.

I haven't seen this one yet - I read about it a month or so ago - but it seems the NFL is STILL trying to get their foot in the door/hands in the pockets/piece of the pie (choose your metaphor) and scrapped the 1/2 hour NFL weekly highlights show that they had contracted with CCTV-5. Instead, they came up with the idea of a 1/2 hour quasi-reality show where a group of American football players are sent to China to travel around the country in a bus to teach American football to school kids...and all the highjinks that would go with that scenario.

Anyone seen this on TV here?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.