Door Slaming

• 10 replies

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Door Slaming
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »
Every friggin' Chinese person who lives in my apartment building slams their friggin' door... as hard as they can... every friggin' time they enter or exit. 4:00 PM or 4:00 AM (or anytime in between), it makes no difference. WAM!

It's loud & annoying... and exacerbated by the facts the doors are metal and heavy, and the building is constructed with absolutely no sound-absorbent materials. The hallways are giant echo chambers that actually seem amplify the sound. WAM!

The laowais don't do it Why do the Chinese?
 mmmmmmmmmm

The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Re: Door Slaming
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 02:20:26 AM »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 02:00:48 AM by Isidnar »

opiate

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 02:38:49 AM »
The girl across the hall comes home at 3am almost every night. She works at some bar. WHAM! goes the door...then CHOPCHOPCHOP starts as she cuts up whatever it is she likes to toss into her suckhole at 3:15 in the morning....then FFRGZZZZZH as it's tossed into oil. Forgot to mention when she comes up the stairs in her fuck-me boots or hooker heels KAPLONK KAPLONK sounding like a team of Clydesdales yelling into her cellphone with that annoyingly high pitched squeal that girls here think is cute....and adding 丫 on the end of every damn sentence.

Every night.

I want to punch her elbow deep in the ladybits and then kick her inconsiderate ass right down the stairs.

She wakes up my baby all the time.

I am so close to snapping. I think you may have noticed....

BrandeX

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 04:19:03 AM »
Every friggin' Chinese person who lives in my apartment building slams their friggin' door... as hard as they can... every friggin' time they enter or exit. 4:00 PM or 4:00 AM (or anytime in between), it makes no difference. WAM!

It's loud & annoying... and exacerbated by the facts the doors are metal and heavy, and the building is constructed with absolutely no sound-absorbent materials. The hallways are giant echo chambers that actually seem amplify the sound. WAM!

The laowais don't do it Why do the Chinese?
 mmmmmmmmmm

The non-PC answer: Because the average yokel is is an inconsiderate, self-centered asshole.

Around the saloon though, we are more courteous and usually refer to such incidents as "TIFC".

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 05:17:29 AM »
The residences at my old school had doors that only shut when slammed with hell's fury.  :)

Borkya

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 01:16:18 PM »
I also have to slam my door to shut it properly. If I don't the latch doesn't catch and it pops open a some random point during the day.

Just to make it more annoying I have this Tan bell someone gave me as a gift hanging on the inside of my door. So you can hear a nice little tinkling as I open my door, then a SLAM as I shut it. Hee hee

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »

I want to punch her elbow deep in the ladybits and then kick her inconsiderate ass right down the stairs.

She wakes up my baby all the time.

I am so close to snapping. I think you may have noticed....

I can't believe how patient some of you blokes are. If she speaks English, I'd ask her nicely to quieten it down for the baby's sake. If that doesn't work, I'd record a heap of baby crying noise and when she went to sleep, I'd play it loudly and continuously under her door. If that failed, I'd set up a trap gun (controlled by a trip wire)....... sorry mate, I shouldn't be leading you astray. uuuuuuuuuu I guess you can get away with a lot if they think that you are a silly old person. ahahahahah

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 08:23:37 PM »
we hope you like slammin too

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »
My doors, even the inside stairway doors, would make any prison warden jealous.  And, unless you use a key and gently pull it closed, the only option is a full on slamming to make the latch catch.

The wooden doors to the master bedroom and bathroom also liked to rattle in their frames a bit at night (just enough to wake us up).  I chopped up one of those felt furniture sliders and stuck them in the gaps.  Now you can slam either of those doors and barely make a sound.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »
The girl across the hall comes home at 3am almost every night. She works at some bar. WHAM! goes the door...then CHOPCHOPCHOP starts as she cuts up whatever it is she likes to toss into her suckhole at 3:15 in the morning....then FFRGZZZZZH as it's tossed into oil. Forgot to mention when she comes up the stairs in her fuck-me boots or hooker heels KAPLONK KAPLONK sounding like a team of Clydesdales yelling into her cellphone with that annoyingly high pitched squeal that girls here think is cute....and adding 丫 on the end of every damn sentence.

That sounds like my upstairs neighbours in Korea, except, they were a couple with a toddler who would come home at 1:00 AM and have a soju-fueled fight. Then, the kid would run back and forth across the floor (my ceiling) on his heels - thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump - between 2:00 & 4:00 AM while Mom & Dad rearranged the furniture -
Bang! Draaaaaaaaaaaaaag Crash!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:38:05 AM by cruisemonkey »
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 04:12:23 AM »
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:44:34 AM by Guangzhou Writer »