Yunnan College of Business Management

• 3 replies
Yunnan College of Business Management
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:18:33 PM »
Any word on this college? Yunnan College of Business Management in Kunming.
I received ans email from them today, and am wondering of they are legit.

thanks

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Yunnan College of Business Management
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »
Unfortunately, we don't have too many members with experience in that part of China. Too bad, too...Yunnan Province has a reputation for being a delightful place to live. Best weather in China, and a heavy presence of ethnic minorities with distinct cultures makes it a fascinating to live in. Salaries tend to be low there, but many seem to find it worthwhile anyway.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
I lived in Kunming for ages, but I never worked for this particular school so can't add anything much. University salaries in Kunming tend to be pretty horrible (as in, many still haven't broken the 4k mark!  aoaoaoaoao), so there's that. I still have loads of friends in KM so I'll ask around about this school though and see if anyone knows anything.

tuvia

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 04:58:27 PM »
i did a year in kunming as a language student. nice weather, pleasant life, but between all those studying chinese and the very sizable missionary population, the foreign population is relatively large/hence, salaries low.  easy living there though- lots of western touches (restaraunts, coffeeshops,bars, etc)

never heard of that college though.