Thinking of Liaoning Province

• 4 replies

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
Thinking of Liaoning Province
« on: April 27, 2007, 05:30:18 PM »
I know there are a few saloonies out that way.
Can anyone recommend a decent school.  I'm currently teaching in a public college way up north and thought I'd venture southeast of Inner Mongolia. 

I am still learning. Michelangelo

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Thinking of Liaoning Province
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 12:24:33 AM »
Easy. Check with Dragonsaver's school. I'm tempted myself. Maybe the only uni program in China with any integrity.

Beware private schools in Dongbei... and pretty much everywhere else. AES/Aston/Future School especially has a strong presence in Dalian and should be avoided at all costs. bbbbbbbbbb

Might also check with Con. He worked in Dashiqiao, which is a bit small and isolated and serves all the magnesium ore you can eat, but he speaks very highly of the school where he worked.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 12:26:24 AM by Raoul Duke »
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:03:34 AM »
I am checking out some places for Kcanuk.  Need a Master's (or higher) for academic teaching at MSU. Missouri State University. LNU is also a possibility - I work for LNU-MSU.    Contemporary Dog also is in Dalian, so he may have some info as well.

Maple Leaf is a school with a good reputation (Canadian run I believe).  Pays fairly high but hours may be longer.  I will put more info on about Dalian once I have a chance to check with my contacts.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 03:14:12 AM »
xie xie ni.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 05:25:47 AM »
Maple Leaf seems to go up and down in terms up rep. It definitely has a rep for being pretty labor-intensive, but if it'll keep you out of the horrors of AES/Aston/Future School then go for it.

Thanks, Dalian Brigade!  agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)