Top International in Harbin, Heilongjiang

• 21 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Top International in Harbin, Heilongjiang
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 06:40:44 AM »
Pruned from what's supposed to be a Dodgy Ad thread. llllllllll
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Re: Top International in Harbin, Heilongjiang
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »
I will only say a generalized statement about the learning centers in Harbin and that is read the fine print. Every place will have its pro's and con's, you just have to weigh them out and balance them for yourself. What one person may find as a pro, another person may find as a con. It all varies from person to person so what works for one person may not always work for the next five people. I know employees at all of the language centers and universities in Harbin and each of them have their good things and bad things to say about their place of employment. To each their own..........

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »
Welcome to the Saloon Shakemyspear! Thanks for posting your experience with Harbin. Why don't you introduce yourself over in the Champagne Cabana?  agagagagag

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 05:41:22 AM »
I interviewed at this school just before my contract ended with another language mill...I MEAN....school in Harbin and it seemed a little fly by the edge of your seat in the way that they did things. One day they didn't want to offer me a contract since I still had 6 weeks of my other one left and then the next day I get an email from the DOS offering me one. I was just like WTF!? I am now teaching at a different language mill in southern China and trust me, they ALL have their problems! I am really leaning towards returning back home and finishing my BA and then returning to China afterwords so I can get out of the language mills. Not to say that they don't have their good points too, but the negative points surely outweigh the positive ones. I am one for structure, discipline, communication, and having fun...not just having fun, so these language mills may be great for the students since they just have fun fun fun, but for the teacher like me that expects a more regulated workplace it is not so much fun. In fact, I just witnessed a kid pistol whip another kid with a toy gun this past weekend and nothing happened!? WTF!!! Gotta love when Chinese staff interfere!

c_g

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 06:03:25 PM »
Hey all,
Just a little update on Top International in Harbin- they no longer have the dorms- you pick your own apartment.  They give you a housing stipend and they help you find your own place.  They are also under new management, which I've had a pretty positive experience with during my time here!  I would recommend working here, it has a good vibe (sounds like a lot has changed at this school since the change in management).   I like that I have a lot of freedom of creativity/innovation when it comes to planning my lessons at Top.  It may not be the best place to work if you are that into teaching kids though.

c_g

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
typo correction: may not be the best place to work if you are NOT that into teaching kids though.

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 04:39:06 PM »
Hi

When you make a typing mistake or want to change something you have posted, you can go back and modify the post.

If you look at the top of the post where it gives the name you will see a list on the right hand side.  You will see "Quote"  "Modify" "Remove"  etc.  Just click on the "Modify" and you can go back into the message and make any changes you want   bjbjbjbjbj agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.